Disney Scares Up Viewers
- MILEY'S MULTICULTURAL MAGIC. Cobo, Leila // Billboard;3/28/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the television show "Wizards of Waverly Place," a Disney Channel show which features a half-Latino family. Comments from television producer Peter Murrieta regarding his work on the show are included. Details are provided about Disney's large Latin audiences and the need to...
- ABC Family Rides Highs. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p18
The article reports on the ratings of the television programs at ABC Family network in the U.S. in 2009. It states that the network acquired a 1.4 million total viewers. It points that its ratings was pushed by the drama series "The Secret Life of the American Teenager," which generated 3.9...
- USA builds heat in Q3 as Disney Channel corrals most viewers. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;9/26/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 61, p1
The article reports that USA Network continue to be the number one in primetime shows with 3.2 million viewers because of "WWE" and Disney Channel with 1.8 million viewers.
- Disney shows' playdate is year's best on cable. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;7/20/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 35, p3
The article reports that Disney Channel's crossover special "Wizards on Deck With Hannah Montana," was the most-watched scripted telecast on cable so far this year. The 90-minute Friday night event, which featured episodes of television programs "Hanna Montana," "The Suite Life on Deck," and...
- Daniels' Touch at Lifetime. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 35, p27
Features Susanne Daniels, president for Entertainment division of Lifetime Entertainment Services, and her plans to develop television programs for younger female viewers in 2005. Career background; Television programs developed by Daniels.
- Sunday Night Was Super, Lifetime Says. // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p55
Reports on the household rating achieved by Lifetime Television during primetime Sunday night on February 1 ,2004. Ratings achieved by children's networks; Film run by the network which captured women viewers' interest; Age bracket of the women.
- What Women Want. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p18
The article discusses the transformation and growth of women's cable network Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) in the U.S. The network provides an extension channel for broadcasts of television movies devoted for women. LMN became available in 35 million homes with expanded-basic packages since its...
- Lifetime Pitches Revamped Slate. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/27/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 13, p30
Reports on the decision of Lifetime television network to target young women viewers through its new slate of television programs in the U.S. in March 2006. Average total viewers of Lifetime in February 2006; Programs to be released by the network in summer 2006.
- Lifetime Meets Its Viewers. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/28/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on the results of the study "Women and the Challenge of Choice 2005," by Lifetime in conjunction with Insight Research Group. Groups of women revealed from the study; Significance of the study to television programming according to Tim Brooks, executive vice president of research at...