- Fox news leads pack on info highway. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p14
Reports that Fox News has begun its online news service. Company's early lead in news and sports delivery; News America Digital Publishing's deals with Road Runner and @Home Corp.; Fox News as one of the four primary providers of information content; Comments from executives; Fox's payment for...
- Fox News Flash Reports Available on Web, Mobile. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;10/30/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p4
The article reports that Fox News Network LLC has launched a series of original short video clips, called Fox News Flash, created specifically for digital platforms. Users can view the clips on the Web or through mobile devices such iPods, via the iTunes Music Store, and on Cingular subscribers'...
- That's Television! Cooper, Gloria // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p63
The article comments on two news stories in November 2003 which involved the manipulation by a cable network of a political debate it was covering and the deliberate effort to bring showbiz values into the news. As the U.S. Senate was gearing up for its marathon debate over U.S. President...
- No summer vacation for Fox. Rice, Lynette // Broadcasting & Cable;05/05/97, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p40
Announces Fox News' offering of original television programming. Opening of `Fox Summer Blast' episode of `Pacific Palisades'; Prime time edition of `Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction?'; Introduction of an action/adventure drama entitled `Roar'; Offering of live sports including the NHL Stanley Cup...
- Fox's upstart all-news cable channel to take high ground, says chairman. Lafayette, Jon // Crain's New York Business;9/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p11
Reports on the Fox News Channel, an all-news cable channel. Editorial thrust as described by Fox News chairman Roger Ailes; Programming.
- Fox News starts looking for agency. Comiteau, Jennifer // Adweek Eastern Edition;8/26/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p3
Reports on Fox News cable television network's holding of a search for its first advertising agency. Confirmation from representative Brian Lewis; Advertising campaigns initiated by other competing cable news networks; Terms of the TV assignment.
- Reporting live: Fox takes on CNN. Whitelaw, Kevin // U.S. News & World Report;10/7/96, Vol. 121 Issue 14, p51
Reports that Rupert Murdoch is launching a 24-hour Fox News Channel (FNC). Why the news channel is meaningful for Murdoch's News Corp.; Obstacles facing FNC; Competition from CNN and MSNBC.
- Ailes details Fox News launch. // MediaWeek;7/22/96, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p4
Reports on Fox News' launching of its 24-hour cable news channel on October 7, 1996.
- Fox News Channel sets slate. Levin, Gary // Variety;9/09/96, Vol. 364 Issue 6, p35
Reports on Fox News Channel's unveiling of its programming strategy. Details of the network's schedule.