Shows Get Real Competitive
- 120-PLUS IN THE SHADE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p8
The article offers information on the preparation made by the U.S. Cable operators to combat summer programming glut in 2009. It states that most of the companies are switching up their promotional and marketing strategies, while others decided to launch its popular shows and not to pull all...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...
- TNN Looks to Get Bounce From Animated Series. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Deals with the changes in the programming line up of TNN as of April 2002. Budget spent on program acquisitions and development; Demographics targeted by the cable network; Information on the animated series lined up in TNN.
- Constat Stands Up for Comedy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the development of the television program 'Comcast Comedy Spotlight: Road Trip 2002,' as of April 2002. Average rating of Comcast's special programming in 2001; Itineraries of the road trip.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...