Shows Get Real Competitive
- 120-PLUS IN THE SHADE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p8
The article offers information on the preparation made by the U.S. Cable operators to combat summer programming glut in 2009. It states that most of the companies are switching up their promotional and marketing strategies, while others decided to launch its popular shows and not to pull all...
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEF. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of April 22, 2002. Carriage agreement between Fine Living and National cable Television Cooperative; Decision of Bravo to dedicate the entire month of May 2002 to programming about Broadway theater.
- New Nets Take Field During National Show. Applebaum, Simon; Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The article focuses on the National Show, an annual event of the U.S. cable broadcasting industry, to be held at Chicago, Illinois, in June 2003. The event will see an increase in the number of new cable network companies. The independent, general-entertainment service is currently negotiating...
- HGTV plans 13 new series for upcoming season. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/13/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plans of Home & Garden Television to expand its original programming efforts by 25% and introduce 13 series during the 2001-02 season. Launch of its new season on October 2001; Television programs to be broadcast.
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- TNN Looks to Get Bounce From Animated Series. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Deals with the changes in the programming line up of TNN as of April 2002. Budget spent on program acquisitions and development; Demographics targeted by the cable network; Information on the animated series lined up in TNN.
- Constat Stands Up for Comedy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the development of the television program 'Comcast Comedy Spotlight: Road Trip 2002,' as of April 2002. Average rating of Comcast's special programming in 2001; Itineraries of the road trip.
- No Cable? No Problem! Killiam-Williams, Sherri // Television Week;11/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 48, pS4
Presents an article about the advantages of not having cable television. Television shows on local networks that can appeal to children; Limitations of network programming; Shows that are viewed by both children and adults.