HBO Rings In Its '08 Fight Plan
- PPV Boxing Gets a Needed Lift. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p24
Comments on the positive impact of the boxing match between Felix Trinidad and Fernando Vargas in boosting the sports subscription television market in the United States. Number of additional viewers the event was able to attract.
- Sports tackles real issues, pay-per-view. Bebb, Bruce // Variety;11/03/97, Vol. 368 Issue 13, p50
Focuses on HBO Sports, the sports division of cable television network Home Box Office (HBO). HBO management's revision of the sports unit; HBO Sports' focus on the players; HBO Sports as a boxing producer in the year 1981; Production of sports documentary programs.
- HBO will let auds step up to plate. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;4/26/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 41, p1
Reports the development of 'General Manager,' a reality television program allowing viewers to track the progress of an actual minor league baseball team by Home Box Office and Live Planet in Los Angeles, California. Names of executive producers; Concept of the show; Involvement of viewers on...
- Reclaiming Pay-Per-View's Crown. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p30
The article focuses on the revenue earned by the Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) pay-per-view (PPV) during every major boxing events in the U.S. It states that the boxing category is averaging more than 200 million dollars in PPV revenue. It adds that both boxers Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao...
- Taking The Night Out of Monday Night:. // CableFAX Daily;7/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 134, p2
The article discusses the plans of Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) for Monday night football. ESPN unveiled tactics for a 24-hour experience surrounding each game, beginning at 6am on game day with ESPNradio's "Mike & Mike in the Morning," which would be broadcast from the...
- IT'S A 'HARD KNOCKS' LIFE FOR COWBOYS, HBO. Ault, Susanne // Daily Variety;5/2/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 45, p13
Announces the launch of 'Hard Knocks: Training Camp With the Dallas Cowboys,' the second installment of the National Football League series by HBO Sports in Los Angeles, California. Focuses on the training of the Dallas Cowboys for the 2000 football season; Broadcasting schedule.
- Emotion, analysis a knockout with fans. Levine, Stuart // Variety;11/4/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 12, pA12
Talks about the sports programming of Home Box Office (HBO). Details on the programming of HBO Sports; Comment from Ross Greenburg on the style and coverage of the programming of HBO Sports; Information on lineup of sports skeins to be featured at HBO.
- HBO Puts Sports on VOD Front Page. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/12/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the move of cable television channel Home Box Office to create a separate category for sports on the front page of its subscription video-on-demand service. Percentage increase in the sports-related content on the subscription service; Features that will help promote the upcoming pay...
- HBO's Back In the Ring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p14
The article focuses on the upcoming pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto by Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). Reportedly, HBO has high hopes regarding the fight based from the huge PPV results of the previous two fights of Pacquiao. It cites that the fight...