Scripps Plans to Split Up TV, Newspapers
- Scripps Holds Its Own. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p35
The article focuses on the market performance of multimedia firm Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) as it moves closer to being a publicly traded company in the U.S. SNI has maintained its share price of $43 per share as its separation from E.W. Scripps Co. comes nearer. Goldman, Sachs & Co....
- Home Is Where the Money Is. Felgner, Brent // Broadcasting & Cable;2/4/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p24
The article focuses on Steve Gigliotti, executive vice president of advertisement sales and emerging media of the U.S.-based Scripps Network. It discusses Gigliotti's career development as advertising sales manager and explores his role in the new Scripps Networks Interactive which will be...
- Would Scripps Sell Nets? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p23
The author reflects on the possible partners for the Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) following its split from E.W. Scripps. According to the author, some analysts and observers are predicting that NBC Universal could end up with the group of lifestyle and cable networks. The author discusses...
- Scripps ups repurchases. // Editor & Publisher;11/28/98, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p15
Reports on the stock repurchase program of E.W. Scripps Co.
- Scripps will Shop at Home. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/19/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 34, p12
Reports the stocks of E.W. Scripps Co. in the shopping channel Shop at Home Television in the U.S. Number of stations owned by Scripps; Payment of the existing corporate debt; Disclosure of the amount sales of the company for the first nine months.
- Scripps Buys Control of Shop at Home. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the acquisition of stocks from electronic retailing channel Shop at Home Inc. by E.W. Scripps Co. in Nashville, Tennessee. Option to purchase the remaining stocks of Shop at Home; Terms of business agreement of both companies; Permission of product placements on the core network of...
- Revamped Scripps' profit light. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/10/2015, pA02
The article reports that the shares of mass media company E.W. Scripps rose to 3.1 percent to 20.25 in the second quarter (Q2) of 2015.
- Iron Chef, Shopzilla Leave the Nest. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;12/1/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p21
The article deals with the decision of media conglomerate E.W.Scripps to separate its print properties from faster-growing businesses. A group of national cable networks and online properties like the Food Network and uSwitch.com will be spun off into the Scripps Networks Interactive, while its...
- Venture funding down, but not out. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;03/12/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on newspaper companies' plan to cut back on equity investments in online ventures in the United States. Recognition of potential of the Internet on the media business; Conservative approach of Tribune Co. and E.W. Scripps Co.