Dust-Up Over DTV Spots
- 'A Weekly 2/3Â¢ Per Child Will Buy Better Children's TV. Palmer, Edward L. // Education Week;11/28/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p15
The author comments on the poor use of television in educating children in the U.S. The author stated that other countries such as Great Britain, Japan, and Sweden consider high quality children's television as an institution. In fact these countries broadcast 840 hours of at-home children's...
- You Said It! // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 27, p2
The article presents views of several readers related to educational programs on television.
- La alfabetizaciÃ³n mediÃ¡tica en la televisiÃ³n infantil online: programas del Canal Pakapaka. Sánchez-Carrero, Jacqueline; Méndiz-Rojas, Heleny // Chasqui (13901079);dic2013, Issue 124, p55
Pakapaka is a channel for children created for them to learn playfully. In this paper we describe the reasons why it is considered a children's television online model. We also make reference to its programming, which airs both traditional television as the Internet. For other side, we focus on...
- Canadian Channel Features All Books, All the Time. Joseph, Channing // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p17
Presents information on the BookTelevision, a television station in Alberta that explores the evolution of reading and literature. List of programs of the station; Profit posted by the station; Comments from the channel's creator Daniel Richler on the station.
- Pakistan's first science & technology Web TV channel launched. // Flare (Pakistan);5/15/2013, p74
The article reports on the launch of the TechTV.PK, a science and educational web television channel in Pakistan, by the collaboration of Pakistan Science Club (PSC) and "Technology Times."
- NET Department. // Education Digest;Mar1961, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p60
The article reports on the establishment of a new Department of Utilization by the National Educational Television (NET) in the U.S. The objective of the department was to develop maximum educational effectiveness of selected NET television programs. It will work with the affiliated stations and...
- HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE. // Science & Children;Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, Dragonfly TV Educator's Guide p2
The article offer tips on how to make use of the DragonflyTV Guide.
- Tamil Nadu Launches Educational TV Channel. // India -- West;4/27/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 23, pC15
The article offers information on an educational television program which will be launched in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Inspiration for your teaching. // Primary Teachers;Jul2009, p30
The article lists programs that will be featured at Teachers TV including "Primary ICT SOS: Science," "KS2 Maths for Pupils: Three Songs," and "Flying Through History: The Romans in Britain."