Restructured Harcourt To Emphasize Aggressive Marketing, Online Sales
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;12/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p7
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Harcourt General during the fourth quarter ended October 31, 1999. Revenue growth turned in by the firm's operating divisions; Net earnings.
- Harcourt General Looking for a Buyer. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;07/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p8
Reports that educational textbook and test publisher, Harcourt General Inc. is looking for a buyer of its business. Company's properties included in the sale; Overview on the dismal stock performance of Harcourt; Market value of the business.
- Harcourt Taps 3 Company Veterans For Promotions at Harcourt School Publishers. // Educational Marketer;10/16/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the company Harcourt General has promoted three of their veterans for different positions in the company Harcourt School Publishers.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;06/18/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p7
Presents information on the performance of publishing company Harcourt General for the second quarter ending April 30, 2001. Amount of the operating losses; Comparison of the revenues to the same period of the previous year.
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;02/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p7
Presents the global financial status of several publishing houses as of February 2000. Increase in operating revenues of Torstar Corp.; Impact of economic crisis in Japan on sales of company; Losses of Harcourt General Inc.
- Harcourt Brace now Harcourt Inc. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on Harcourt General's decision to change the name of its United States-based publishing and educational services subsidiary to Harcourt Inc. Part of a rebranding campaign designed to strengthen its position as a lifelong learning company; Development of a customer-focused Internet site.
- Hoenigsberg to new Harcourt post. // Publishers Weekly;5/3/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the appointment of Peter Hoenigsberg to the newly created position of president of the Worldwide Scientific, Technical and Medical group of publisher Harcourt General Inc.
- Harcourt Posts Healthy Gains In Sales and Earnings. // Publishers Weekly;1/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p21
Reports on the increase in the total revenues at Harcourt General's publishing and educational services business for the fiscal year ended October 31, 1999. Amount of the increases in the operating earnings and net income of Harcourt; Top sales gain in Harcourt's Worldwide STM group;...
- Harcourt: One Publishing Deal Too Many? Cohen, Judith Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Probes the pending $4.5 billion acquisition of Harcourt General Inc. as of February 2001. Companies that are interested in acquiring the publisher; Value of Harcourt's higher education and corporate/professional groups; Stock price of Harcourt.