Publishers Set Sights On Big Sales In Texas With Approval Of $296 Million Adoption Package
- Scholastic Educational Publishing Revenue Up. // Electronic Education Report;7/26/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that Scholastic Educational Publishing's revenue in fiscal 2010 ended May 31 jumped 24% to 476.5 million dollars. It says that the increase was driven by the 79.5-million-dollar increase in sales of System 44, Read 180, and other technology and services. Scholastic credited...
- Voyager Sails Into Market For Reading. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;10/25/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1
The article examines the success of educational publisher Voyager Expanded Learning in the wake of skyrocketing public funding for research-based instructional materials. Use of the company's reading program has spread to 1,000 districts throughout the country. Critics question the success of...
- Thirty-one States Collaborate to Create National Tests. // NSTA Express;6/28/2010, p2
The article reports that thirty-one U.S. states have united to compete for two federal grants of up to 160 million dollars to create a series of national academic tests.
- Maine Voters Pass Measures Worth $63.5 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p4
Focuses on the voter approval for a loan to aid education and the economy in Maine. Part of the ballot package in bond referendum; Marketing of bonds backed by AA-rated general obligation credit; Support of the governor to the bond issues.
- States in Race to the Top. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p9
The article reports that Florida has become one of the 19 finalists competing for more than dollars 3 billion in the second round of federal education funding in the Race to the Top program.
- Supporting News. // Library Mosaics;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Presents news and developments relevant to the library community in the U.S. compiled as of January 2003. Congresses; Federal grants to students interested in public library service; Library-related programs and contests; Contests winners.
- Advocacy: The struggle for school-based arts. Cormack, B. // Design for Arts in Education;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p40
Opinion. Discusses the difficulty states face as they attempt to gain funding and support for arts programs in schools and uses the restructured curriculum in Texas as a model. State funding; Public support; Involvement at the local, state, and national levels.
- GRANTS. // Education Week;6/10/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p25
A list of educational grants in the U.S. is presented.
- Where's the pork? Savage, James D. // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p21
Analyzes the definitions of earmarking for the purpose of solving the problem of political intervention in designating research funds to academic science projects. Politicization of research; Sidestepping of peer and merit review processes; No improvement in research capabilities despite of...