Lufkin Industries' net earnings climb
- TECHNICAL NEWS. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;6/23/2005, p10
Presents news briefs on the motor vehicle industry in Great Britain as of June 2005. Plan of Isuzu Truck to develop a 12-tonner truck by 2007; Projected decline in sales of trailers in 2006.
- Lufkin exits commercial trailer markets. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that Lufkin Industries Inc. has been authorized by its board of directors to suspend its participation in the commercial trailer markets in the U.S. effective January 14, 2008. The company has been ordered to create a plan to run out existing inventories, accomplish current...
- Strength to strength. Ball, Jennifer // Commercial Motor;4/7/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5123, p30
Presents an interview with Steven Cartwright on the plan of the Cartwright Group to profit from the growth of the trailer market as of April 2005. Percentage of increase in trailer registrations across Europe in 2004; Plan to establish an apprentice program to maintain the staffing levels of...
- US trailer net orders advance 32% in June. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2015, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that U.S. trailer net orders grew by 32 percent to 26,700 units as of June 2015, as stated by FTR Associates.
- Utility Trailer dealer opens Lathrop CA site. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the opening of a facility by Utility Trailer Sales of Central California in Lathrop in June 2005.
- FTR: Trailer-order momentum will carry into the new year. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;12/22/2014, p12
The article reports about the increase in net trailer orders in the U.S. based on information from research and forecasting firm FTR.
- FTR revises its 2015 projection to 305,000 units, says market won't 'fall apart' after that. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/5/2015, p16
The article details the author's conversation with Don Ake, vice president of commercial vehicles for forecasting provider FTR Associates, on his 2015 projections for the U.S. trailer market including the demand for a total of 302,400 trailers and a growth in refrigerated van orders.
- Dry vans, reefers lead order surge in June. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2015, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that orders of dry vans and reefers in the U.S. grew by 73 percent to 27,900 units by June 2015, based on the ACT Research report "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers."
- Trailer outlook: slow road ahead. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p70
The article discusses highlights of a segment of the 2007 National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) conference in Tucson, Arizona, which provided an outlook for the trailer industry sales. Ken Vieth, founder of ACT Research Co., claimed that the outlook for trailer demand will be stunted short...