Laser equipment orders surge 14.7 percent from first quarter 2007, according to AMT
- Something's in the air. D A B // Industrial Laser Solutions;Jul2006, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p2
The article highlights the first Innovative Technology (Intech) North America held in May 2006 at the TRUMPF Inc. campus in Farmington, Connecticut. Parent company TRUMPF GmbH regularly conducts the Intech concept in Germany facility by combining informative product demonstrations with tutorial...
- Laser Toolsetter Solves Moldmaker's Quality And Productivity Challenges. Jordan, John M.; Pope, Shauna // Modern Machine Shop;Apr2002, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p136
Reports on the installation of a laser toolsetter from Marposs at Desenco Inc. to optimize industrial performance. Problems associated with the machining process before the equipment installation; Features of the laser equipment installed.
- Underwater laser cutting. // Connect (TWI);May2011, Issue 172, p1
The article reports on the capability of high power lasers to cut underwater and thick section materials, which was demonstrated by The Welding Institute (TWI).
- Industrial laser cutting goes mainstream. Lerner, Eric J. // Laser Focus World;Jun99, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p113
Looks at the industrial applications of laser metal cutting technologies. Capabilities of laser cutting tools; Description of automated systems; Information on Roach Manufacturing Corp.'s use of lasers in its production; Drawbacks of the laser metal cutting technology. INSET: Excimer lasers...
- Metal Cutting at Light Speed. Mandel, Richard // Welding Design & Fabrication;Jul2006, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p16
The article provides information about industrial cutting laser and discusses its advantages compared to conventional cutting systems. Laser machines cut sheets, metal and pipe materials faster, while producing high quality surface finish. These machines enable medium and high-volume production...
- ROLLED ALLOYS ADDS LASER MACHINE IN CINCINNATI. // Modern Metals;Apr2015, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p30
The article reports on the installation of Trumpf TruLaser 1030 machine at metal alloy supplier Rolled Alloys' facility in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- High-power lasers hit Japanese market. // Design News;9/9/91, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p41
Introduces high-power carbon dioxide lasers manufactured by United Technologies Industrial Lasers in Japan. Efficiency of high-power lasers compared to low-power lasers; Applications in boosting productivity in cutting and welding operations; Product specifications and applications.
- High-power Yb-doped Fibre Laser for Cutting Dry Pine Wood. Hernandez, Juan Carlos; Crouse, Philippus; Lin Li // World Congress on Engineering 2007 (Volume 2);2007, Vol. 2, p1129
This article reports experiments on the laser wood-cutting performance of a 1 ÎºW ytterbium fibre laser - a recent, compact, flexible, efficient laser system. The cutting process is characterized, taking as a reference the effects of the principal process factors. A quantification of energy...
- The Winning Strategy for Peak Performance in 20 Laser Processing. // Metal Center News;Nov2009 Cutting Edge, p12
The article focuses on optimizing performance in 2D laser processing. It notes the combining a high-performance machine, laser power, and optimized workflow will result to productivity and performance. It adds that an equipment should have a linear drive, single cutting head, nozzle changer, and...