Caterpillar, Cummins rank highest in HD truck engine customer satisfaction
- HOW TO swap water pumps. Hartley, Paul // Overdrive;Jul2000, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p78
Offer advice on replacing water pumps of the three biggest truck engine manufacturers of the United States. Caterpillar Inc.'s C-12, C-15 and C-16 water pumps; Cummins Engine Co.'s N14; Detroit diesel series 60; Truckers' tendency to replace water pumps more out of habit than need.
- Cat pounces on the drivetrain. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p20
Reports on a line of planetary transmissions that is being developed by Caterpillar for vocational truck applications as of April 2005. Engines in which the transmission is compatible.
- Engine manufacturers revving up to meet EPA 2007 emissions standards. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
Presents on the preparation of engine manufacturers in the U.S. to meet the 2007 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emission standards. Advanced Combustion Emissions Reduction Technology of Caterpillar; Focus of Cummins on research and engineering technology; Technology developed by...
- Diesel monsters taking smaller bites. Kelley, Ken // Roads & Bridges;May2000, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p16
Reports on improvements in big truck diesel engines in 2000. Reduced weight and better engine control; Cummins Engine Co.'s ISM diesel; C-15 and C-16 diesel engines by Caterpillar Inc.'s Truck Engine Division; Offerings of Volvo Trucks North America Inc.; Head start to be enjoyed by Volvo...
- Cat shows transmissions. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p38
Features the line of transmissions for trucks being developed by Caterpillar. Production plans for the product; Planned design for the product; Engine compatibility of the product.
- NEW WHEEL LOADER FROM CATERPILLAR. // Coal Age;Jul2005, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p54
Presents information on the 994F wheel loader from Caterpillar. Specification of the engine used in the loader; Application of the Caterpillar Oil Renewal System in the vehicle; Features of the loader's hydraulic system; Benefits of the Steering and Transmission Integrated Control to loader...
- Cummins takes 12L natural gas engine on the road. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;12/13/2012, p1
The article offers information on Cummins' 12L ISX-G natural gas-fired heavy truck engine unit.
- ISX 12-liter for regional, vocational hauls. // Overdrive;Feb2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p43
The article offers brief information on the ISX 12-liter for regional hauls and vocational hauls from Cummins Engine Co.
- Cummins expands 2002 warranty coverage. // Refrigerated Transporter;Nov2002, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p7
Reports on Cummins' announcement of three extended warranty plans for its 2002 model ISX and ISM engines. Provision of coverage from fan hub to flywheel, including all equipment required to meet October 2002 emission standards.