FedEx plans to launch hybrid vans in Europe
- FedEx Freight to test hydrogen/electric hybrid tractor. // Fleet Owner;Jan2010, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p24
The article reports on the plan of FedEx Freight to test the hydrogen/electric hybrid tractor equipped by Vision Industries Corp.
- FedEx Express Introduces Hybrid Electric Truck. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p10
Introduces the FedEx OptiFleet E700 hybrid electric vehicle from FedEx Express in the U.S. Reduction of smog-causing emission; Increase of fuel efficiency; Compliance to the operational requirements.
- Three for the road - in a hybrid. // Transportation & Distribution;Jul2003, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
Reports the launching of hybrid electric diesel powered delivery vehicle OptiFleet E700 by FedEx Express Corp. in the U.S. Response of the firms to environmental problems; Reduction of emission; Decrease of fuel use.
- Hybrid electric vehicle to deliver for Fedex. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the hybrid delivery vehicle launched by FedEx Express in California in May 2004. Details of the vehicle; Other cities considered by FedEx for future rollouts of the hybrid electric trucks.
- Running on hybrids. Straight, Brian // Fleet Owner;Jan2010, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the hybrid vehicles operated by the FedEx Express facility in Bronx, New York City in its package delivery operations. Vice president of global vehicles John Formisano notes the three different programs focused by FedEx including the Azure system, hybrid system, and the...
- FedEx tests Iveco hybrids. // Commercial Motor;7/17/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5289, p9
The article reports that Iveco has delivered 10 diesel-electric hybrid daily vans to FedEx Express for trial routes between Milan and Turin in Italy. Iveco anticipates that the hybrid daily's features, such as launching in electric mode and using a Stop and Start ignition, will reduce carbon...
- FedEx Express tests hybrids. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the deployment of hybrid delivery trucks by FedEx Express in the U.S. Reduction of vehicle pollution; Increase of fuel efficiency; Compliance to environmental regulation.
- Green Freight. // Air Cargo World;Jul2003, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p7
FedEx Express Corp. recently unveiled a prototype of a hybrid electric/diesel delivery truck that the company says could become the standard pickup and delivery vehicle in FedEx's fleet in the next few years, as of July 2003. FedEx says the OptiFleet 7000 trucks offer vastly reduced emissions...
- Greener routes. Mele, Jim // Ward's Auto World;Sep2005, Vol. 41 Issue 9, pvi
This article describes the hybrid diesel electric-powered delivery trucks of FedEx Express Corp. The trucks are powered by a 4-cycle Mercedes-Benz diesel and an Eaton hybrid system with an electric motor and battery storage for energy captured during braking. Tests by the Southwest Research...