Unicell putting zero-emission vehicle designs on the streets
- Aerocell cube van truck body for GM Chassis. // Fleet Equipment;Apr97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p141
Relates the market introduction of the Aerocell body, an aerodynamic one-piece fiberglass truck body for GMC and Chevrolet Cutaway chassis developed by Unicell Body Inc. Fuel savings capabilities; Reduced road noise; Increased highway stability; Standard features.
- Strong, Silent Type. ADLER, JERRY // Smithsonian;Oct2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses Smith trucks, which run on electric batteries. It comments on Smith Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Bryan Hansel, noting that Hansel believes that electric motors are powerful, efficient, and relatively maintenance-free. The author reflects on issues with recharging electric...
- Preparing for the Plug-In Era. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the 2nd Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Summit conducted by the Strategy Institute in Toronto, Ontario last February 5-6, 2013. Canadian Electricity Association president Jim Burpee says the growth in electric vehicles is driven by environmental concerns. A major producer...
- Electric drive vehicles, what you need to know. // Asian Pacific Post;10/10/2013, p19
The article reports on the prominence of battery-powered vehicles as automakers have to respond to stringent greenhouse gas regulations and the attractiveness of electric vehicles for the consumers who wish to reduce their carbon footprint by reducing their fossil fuel consumption.
- SCRAP-IT for cash. // Filipino Post;10/29/2015, p21
No abstract available.
- Now That's Fuel Economy. // Taproot Journal;Fall/Winter2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p31
The article reports on the possible use of plug-in hybrid vehicles in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and foreign oil dependency of the U.S.
- Draft of US senate climate bill out at last. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);May2010, Issue 424, p44
The article reports on the release of the American Power Act aimed at improving energy security and cutting U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by 17% by 2020 relative to 2005. The legislation offers an annual limit on domestic greenhouse gas offsets of 1.5 billion tonnes CO2e, with a further 500...
- Day-Ahead Energy Planning with 100% Electric Vehicle Penetration in the Nordic Region by 2050. Zhaoxi Liu; Qiuwei Wu; Nielsen, Arne Hejde; Yun Wang // Energies (19961073);Mar2014, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1733
This paper presents the day-ahead energy planning of passenger cars with 100% electric vehicle (EV) penetration in the Nordic region by 2050. EVs will play an important role in the future energy systems which can both reduce the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the transport sector and...
- CRAMMING FOR MIDTERMS. Ahmed, Shiraz // Automotive News;4/18/2016, Vol. 90 Issue 6721, p0003
The article reports on the investigation by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on the future of green cars in the U.S. Issues and concerns discussed are reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from cars and trucks, regulation...