FOSS Hands-Down Favorite Among Big Districts in California Science Adoption
- Super SCIENCE TEACHER'S EDITION FEBRUARY 2004. Honovich, Nancy // Scholastic SuperScience (Teacher's Edition);Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
Presents a guide for teaching science to elementary students. Lesson planning; Discussion questions; Learning objectives.
- Model Flight.........Page 6. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);10/20/2003, Vol. 65 Issue 6, pT2
Presents curriculum ideas for teaching elementary students how to use maps to acquire, process and report information from a spatial perspective.
- The Student's Guide to Completing an Author Study. Doiron, Ray // Teacher Librarian;Feb2000, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on `Student's guide to completing an author study', a guide which met the demands of teachers' curriculum. Information on the guide; Adoption of similar approach for teachers; Guide made specific to content area.
- 5E MODELÄ°NÄ°N DERÄ°NLEÅžME AÅžAMASINA YÃ–NELÄ°K GELÄ°ÅžTÄ°RÄ°LEN MATERYALÄ°N ETKÄ°LÄ°LÄ°ÄžÄ°NÄ°N DEÄžERLENDÄ°RÄ°LMESÄ°. Ernas, Sibel; Çoruhlu, Tülay Şenel; Çepnı, Salih // Ondokuzmayis University Journal of Education;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p17
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effectiveness of the material developed in conformity with the elaborate stage of the 5E model within the constructivist learning theory in respect of "The Spread of Heat with the Replace of Particle" which takes place in the 6th grade elementary...
- Ready-to-Teach. Hinde, Elizabeth // Social Studies Research & Practice;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p118
In an effort to counter the effects of the reduction of social studies instruction that has resulted from the pressure to increase test scores in reading and mathematics, many educators promote the idea of integrating the curriculum. For many modern elementary teachers, integrating the...
- Fen Bilgisi Ã–ÄŸretmenliÄŸi Ã–ÄŸrencilerinin Fen ve Teknoloji Ders ProgramÄ± HakkÄ±ndaki GÃ¶rÃ¼ÅŸleri. TOSUN, Figen ÇAM; ÇEVİK, Ceren // Gazi University Journal of Gazi Educational Faculty (GUJGEF);2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p153
The purpose of this study is to reveal 2nd and 4th grades elementary science education students' knowledge of science and technology curriculum and to explore their opinion about this curriculum. The sample of the study consisted of total 60 2nd and 4th grade students (30 students from each...
- Teacher Characteristics and Perceptions of Pest Management Curricula: Clues to Adoption and Continuation. Mason, Makena; Aihara-Sasaki, Maria; Grace, J. Kenneth // Insects (2075-4450);Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p177
Educate to Eradicate is a K-12 curriculum project using termite biology and control as the basis for science education that has been implemented in over 350 Hawaii public school classrooms. To encourage sustained implementation of the project, we aimed to identify factors that influence the...
- Integrating Science with Other Topics in the Elementary Grades. Cohen, Herbert; Staley, Frederick // Education Digest;Apr1983, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p40
The article focuses on the integration of science with other topics in the elementary grades. According to the authors one way to bring science back into the elementary school day is by integrating it with other disciplines by using science topics, units, themes, or curricular materials as...
- Exploring Elementary Science Methods Course Contexts to Improve Preservice Teachers' NOS of Science Conceptions and Understandings of NOS Teaching Strategies. Akerson, Valarie L.; Weiland, Ingrid; Rogers, Meredith Park; Pongsanon, Khemmawaddee; Bilican, Kader // Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education;2014, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p647
We explored adaptations to an elementary science methods course to determine how varied contexts could improve elementary preservice teachers' conceptions of NOS as well as their ideas for teaching NOS to elementary students. The contexts were (a) NOS Theme in which the course focused on the...