Harcourt Textbook Business Doing 'Well,' Assessment Progressing
- Harcourt Relocates Rigby to Steck-Vaughn HQ in Austin, Texas, But Retains the Independent Imprints. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the relocation of the supplemental publisher Rigby to Steck-Vaughn headquarters in Austin, Texas. Result of the acquisition of Harcourt Inc. by Reed Elsevier Inc.; Integration of two supplemental businesses; Occurrence of back-office consolidation.
- Reed Elsevier & Harcourt Financials, Year Ended Dec. 31, 2004 vs. 2003. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Presents a chart depicting the financial performance of Reed Elsevier PLC and Harcourt Financials in the U.S.
- Harcourt U.S. School Revenue Flat In 2004; Testing Revenue Up 8%. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier's Harcourt Education division in the U.S. Improvement of the underlying revenue for the division; Impact of the Indiana math adoption on the company's sales; Decline of the adjusted profits.
- Reed Elsevier, Pearson Continue To Expect Robust Growth In 2005. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p2
Reports that Reed Elsevier PLC has maintained the positive outlooks for revenue growth in the year 2005 in London, England. Two of the largest educational publishers Harcourt Inc. and Pearson PLC run by company; Continued improved market conditions of the company for all of its businesses;...
- Harcourt Sales Decline in 2003 Ahead of Anticipated Growth from New Products and Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;3/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the decline in revenue at Harcourt Inc.'s U.S. school and testing businesses in Orlando, Florida. Percentage of decline in revenues; Reason for the decline of revenue; Investments of Reed Elsevier Inc.
- Boxes Fuel Port Growth. // Traffic World;2/13/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 7, p49
The article reports that Port of Tacoma in Washington D.C. has declared an increase in its all-time volume record in 2005. The international volume which has increased to 20.3 percent, domestic volume to 1.3 percent and intermodal rail lifts to 29.4 percent from 2004 are among the contributors...
- Reed Elsevier to sell its British papers. // Editor & Publisher;8/12/95, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p16
Reports on Reed Elsevier's plans to sell its regional newspapers in Great Britain. Other newspapers and assets to be sold.
- Licking its lips. Moore, John // Public Private Finance;Apr2007 Supplement, p16
The article reports on the growth of Capio, one of successful healthcare providers in Europe. The company's annual turnover of about 650 million pound makes it one of the region's leading companies, even though some 90% of its business is publicly-funded. Moreover, it was believed that the...
- New Metrics: Redefining the Value of Business. Herman, Paul; Gower, Nick; Baue, Bill // SB Business Weekly;2/18/2014, p5
The article focuses on various business metrics. It is mentioned that the metrics by which the success is defined and measured must evolve if businesses are to succeed in tomorrow's economy. It is stated that to realize how quantifiable sustainability can drive financial performance, the Human...