- QUOTES OF THE WEEK. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/26/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 21, p6
No abstract available.
- QUOTES OF THE WEEK. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/7/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 1, p6
The article presents quotes from John Tierney predicting that any unusual weather in 2008 would be attributed to global warming, Paul Root Wolpe, University of Pennsylvania bioethicist, offering information on performance-enhancing drugs for the brain, and U.S. President George W. Bush,...
- LAST WORDS. // Sierra;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p80
An image of a melting snowman is presented with a caption regarding the potential damage caused by global warming and a quote indicating the political position of environmentalists on that issue.
- Mark My Words... I Mean What I Say. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;9/2/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p17
Presents comments on various issues. Move of Agriculture Minister of New Zealand, Jim Sutton to defend a tax on the gas emissions of flocks and herds to reduce global warming; Comment on a blob that appeared in a creek in Little Egg Harbor Township.
- FWi forum feedback�. // Farmers Weekly;3/30/2007, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p37
The article presents quotes from forum participants of the television program "The Great Global Warming Swindle." One participant was skeptic about the global warming predictions of politicians. Another participant questioned the scientific qualifications of former U.S. vice president Al Gore....
- Quitting oil, natural gas and coal won't be easy. // Hill;6/8/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 68, p16
The article presents a quote from U.S. Representative Gene Green to address global warming. He stresses that the reality of situation is present on the residents of energy-producing areas. He asserts the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. He emphasizes the implications of taking an...
- CHEMICAL REACTIONS. Domeshek, Ken; McCoy, Vaughn; Khan, Jamil // ICIS Chemical Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p6
The article presents several letters to the editor published in previous issues of the journal and quotes from various government officials. A letter in response to an article published in February 18, 2008 issue mentioned that planting corns was not a solution to reduce global warming. Benoit...
- Noted & Quoted. // New York Times Upfront;4/24/2006, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p6
Presents a section of quotations from newsmakers as of April 2006. Effect of global warming on an Inuit community in northeast Canada; Dissatisfaction of the father of Pat Tillman of the U.S. Army's explanations on his death in a combat in Afghanistan; Reason of Iraqi civilian Muhammad Said for...
- THE QUESTION:. // American Prospect;Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p7
The article presents quotes from Ben Greenman of "The New Yorker" citing optimism as something that could possibly go wrong, Baratunde Thurston of "The Onion" giving insight on the decision of Apple not to release a new iPhone, and Amanda Marcotte commenting on the effects of global warming.