The transformation of a landmark
- The design/build option. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Apr95, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p112
Reports that an increasing number of retailers are utilizing design/build negotiated contracts to expand and build new facilities in the United States. Cutting back on in-house development teams; Involvement of design/build contractor in the early stages of the project; Development of the...
- Subway set to be third downtown operation. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;11/17/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 92, p9
The article reports on the move of the Buffalo Planning Board to consider a proposal from local architect Lawrence Senear regarding the construction of a 3,000-square-foot downtown facility of Subway Store in Buffalo, New York.
- Toast to a pop-up. Walker, Malcolm // Architecture New Zealand;Nov/Dec2010, Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on the construction of the Mini Garage, a car, cafÃ© and product placement shop in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Fashion's empire builders. Withers, Jane // Harper's Bazaar;Mar97, Issue 3424, p344
Features the architects of fashion designers' flagship stores and their works. Detail of the interior of Jill Sander's 1993 Pris Flagship store, designed by Michael Gabellini; Interior of Calvin Klein's 1995 New York flagship store, designed by John Pawson; Architects' design concepts and...
- RETAIL. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/22/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 51, Special section p15
The article offers information on the construction Tanger Outlet Center in Michigan and the Verizon prototype design store in Merrillville, Indiana.
- THE RETAIL DESIGN AWARDS ARE LOOKING FOR WINNERS. // Interior Fitout;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the Retail Design Institute is seeking entries for the Retail Design Awards in Australia.
- Optiko. BAILEY, MICHELLE // Artichoke;Mar-May2015, Issue 50, p106
The article evaluates the architectural design of the Optiko store, a provider of eyewear products, located in Tattersall's Arcade in Brisbane, Queensland.
- Mikasa sets the table with signage. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1994, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p140
Reports on the opening of the new Mikasa Lifestyle prototype store. Novel design for the building facade; Approval by the zoning board; Store interior.
- Summer brings focus on automotive retail. // Chain Store Age;Sep98, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p134
Presents charts on store planning and construction activities in the United States in July 1998. Name of company; Location of store to be built; Floor area; Project cost; Bids for the projects.