Herbs and Hope
- Broadcasters race to fill gaps in India. Frater, Patrick // Variety;10/1/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 7, pA7
This article examines the young and booming television industry in India noting that two of its founders will be honored at the Mipcom conference in France. Subhash Chandra, the founder of Zee and UTV head Ronnie Screwvala will be the subjects of honor. The content of Indian programming runs the...
- Zee TV eyes shuffle. // Daily Variety;04/26/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 41, p8
Reports on Zee TV head Subhash Chandra's plans to revamp the India-based television company's structure.
- I SAY, THAT'S NOT CRICKET. Pearson, Bryan // Variety;9/13/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the decision of Indian commercial television network Zee Group to increase its bid for the live television and radio broadcast rights for international cricket matches played in India through 2008. Bid price offered by ESPN-Star Sports; Action taken by Zee chairman Subhash Chandra...
- ZEE brings the Magique of Bollywood to Africa with Zee Magic! // Adgully;9/29/2015, p9
The article discusses the Zee Magic television channel in India by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited by Essel Group chairman Subhash Chandra and Africas firm chief executive officer Harish Goyal.
- Indian Serials Now Dubbed For Middle East Audience. // India -- West;8/24/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 40, pC12
The article presents information on the launch of a new Arabic TV channel called Zee Alwan by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. and highlights that the channel aimed for viewers in the Middle East will contain dubbed Indian serials and other popular shows.
- ZEEL plans Germany foray; to launch FTA channel by mid-2016. // Indiantelevision.com;1/19/2016, p1
The article reports on the plan of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. to expand to Germany by launching a free-to-air television channel in 2016. Topics covered include the focus of the channel on providing Bollywood films and Indian television series as well as aim to reach out to female...
- Mogul pumps pay TV potential for India. Wright, Susan // Daily Variety;10/9/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on Zee Network and Essel Group of Cos. founder and chairman Subhash Chandra's claim that India has the potential to be the largest pay television market in the world. According to the author, India has a gross domestic product growth of 8.5 percent a year, with its leisure...
- Global news gets Indian slant. Mathur, Arti // Variety;4/11/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the plan of media conglomerate Zee Telefilms of India to launch a global English-lingo news channel with an Asian perspective by the end of 2005. Views of Subhash Chandra, chairman and managing director of Zee, on the plan; Number of satellite channels of Zee.
- Cricket or Not Cricket. Pitalwalla, Yassir // Forbes Global;2/28/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p28
Reports on a petition being made by Zee Telefilms' chairman Subhash Chandra to the Supreme Court in India against Rupert Murdoch of the Board of Control for Cricket regarding the rights to air cricket tournaments. Reason behind the decision of the board to prevent Zee from airing the events;...