- The polio endgame has to start. // India Today;2/24/2014, p42
An interview with Cyrus Poonawalla, chairman of India's largest vaccine-maker Serum Institute of India, is presented. Poonwalla shares his thoughts on India being declared as polio-free for the third year in a row in 2014. He suggests the need to switch to the injectable Salk inactivated polio...
- Pride of the Parsi faith. CHOUDHURY, IMRAN // Eastern Eye;6/5/2015, Issue 1305, p16
The article talks about Indian Billionaire and owner of vaccine manufacturer Serum Institute of India, Dr Cyrus Poonawalla who has been made honorary member of the Zoroastrian Trust Funds of Europe (ZTFE) on 28th may 2015 for his philanthropic works for the Zoroastrian community and others as well.
- One new vaccine per year goal. // BioSpectrum;Jun2013, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p38
The article offers information on Serum Institute of India (SII), one of the top 20 biotechnology companies in India performed during 2012-2013 with 2,374 crore Rupee. It states that the success of SII roots from the vision of its chairman and managing director Cyrus Poonawalla, who foresaw the...
- Serum Institute halts stake sale talks with funds. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;9/28/2015, p20
The article reports on the decision of Serum Institute of India Ltd. to stop its plans to sell a minority stake in the company in the midst of the global market volatility, according to its chief executive officer (CEO) Cyrus Poonawalla.
- "We are going to reduce the cost of Injectible Polio Vaccines". VAIDYA, MANASI // BioSpectrum;Jul2013, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
An interview with Cyrus Poonawalla, chairman and managing director (CMD) at Serum Institute of India (SIIL), is presented. Topics discussed by Poonawalla include the factors attributed to the vaccine growth in India, his vision for the SIIL for the future as of 2013, and the type of vaccines...
- SII seeks WHO nod to export flu vaccines. // BioSpectrum;Jan2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that Serum Institute of India (SII) has applied for permits with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to export influenza vaccines developed using the proprietary technology from BioDiem of Australia.
- SIIL to use Vaxiclase Platform for use in Pertussis Vaccines. // International Labmate;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p78
The article reports on the provision of license by biotechnology company Genticel for immunobiological drugs manufacturer Serum Institute of India Ltd. to use its Vaxiclase technology for use as a component in acellular multivalent combination pertussis vaccines.
- Serum Institute and Cipla mull marketing tie-up for vaccines. // FRPT- Chemical Snapshot;2/22/2015, p2
The article announces that pharmaceuticals company Cipla and vaccine producer Serum Institute are pondering over collaborating to sell vaccines outside India.
- Serum in talks to sell stake. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);9/19/2015, p14
The article reports on the plans of vaccine maker Serum Institute of India Ltd. to sell a stake of the group to private equity firms.