The Old Lady Is Burning Rubber
- Michelin spending $94 million to expand Thai tyre plantâ€¦. // European Rubber Journal;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 188 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the investment of $94 million by French tyre maker Michelin to expand its capacity for passenger tyres at its Michelin Siam Co. Ltd. plant in Laem Chabang, Thailand. According to chairman Edouard Michelin, the project will focus on higher value-added V and Z-rated...
- COMPETITION: FLASH. // AutoWeek;5/24/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p44
French tiremaker Michelin SA has called on the FIA and the teams to reconsider their decision to adopt a single Formula One tire supplier as a cost-saving measure. Chairman and CEO Edouard Michelin said the company respects the safety and cost concerns in Formula One, but believes there are...
- Michelin's legacy. // Automotive News;6/12/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6207, p12
This article focuses on the death of Edouard Michelin, joint managing director of French tire manufacturer Michelin SA. A terrible irony about Edouard Michelin's death in a boating accident May 26, 2006 was that it occurred just days before Challenge Bibendum, the annual green-car rally he...
- ROLL WITH IT. Hamilton, Anita; Buechner, Maryanne Murray; Caplan, Jeremy; Grossman, Lev; McCarthy, Terry; McLaughlin, Lisa; Rothman, Wilson; Sekiguchi, Toko; Song, Sora // Time;11/21/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 21, p74
This article presents information on several inventions related to wheels and transportation. Michelin had developed an airless tire called the Tweel that is more rugged than pneumatic tires because it never goes flat. The ENV bike, which looks like a motorcycle, can travel at speeds of up to 50...
- Michelin launches next-generation green tyre. // European Rubber Journal;May/Jun2011, Vol. 193 Issue 3, p0020
The article offers brief information on the tire XM2 from CIE. Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA.
- Michelin's next generation Green X tyre. // New Zealand Company Vehicle;Oct2011, p10
The article offers information on the Michelin Energy XM2 tyre.
- Michelin unveils Defender all-season tire. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;8/17/2015, p4
The article offers information about the Defender LTX M/S tire from Michelin.
- New Michelin covers ahead of Corsica test. // Motor Sport News: The Voice of British Motorsport;8/19/2015, p15
The article reports on a new asphalt tyre that tire manufacturer Michelin will unveil for the August 2015 Rally Germany event, which will feature a new tread pattern and compound.
- Added life for tires. // Beverage Industry;May98, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on Michelin's efforts to develop revolutionary tire technology to improve the bottom line for its customers. Second-highest operating costs for fleets; Benchmark set by Michelin for fuel-efficient tires in 1992; Fuel-efficient XZA2 and XDA2 tires; Drive-axle tires design.