Short-Latency Changes in Voice F... and Neck Surface EMG Induced by Mechanical Perturbations of
- EDITOR'S NOTE. // Acta Koreana;Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, preceding p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Korean clausal connectives, Korean vowel systems and pronounciation types of consonantal sequences of the Korean language.
- KOREAN LINGUISTICS FOR TEACHING KOREAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE: THEME ISSUE INTRODUCTION. // Acta Koreana;Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics, including Korean clausal connectives, Korean vowel systems and pronounciation types of consonantal sequences of the Korean language.
- A STUDY ON THE VIOLATIONS OF VOWEL HARMONY (DISHARMONY) IN THE DIALECTS OF AZERBAIJAN TURKISH IN IRAN. KHALİLZADEH, Amir // Journal of Black Sea Studies;2015, Issue 48, p165
The purpose of this paper is to study the violations of vowel harmony (disharmony) in the dialects of Azerbaijan Turkish in Iran. In fact, the researcher has made an attempt to find a reliable answer to the question "Are there any violations in regard with vowel harmony in the speech of the...
- Vowel harmonic amplitude differences in individuals with unilateral vocal fold paralysis. Kumar, B. Radish; Bhat, Jayashree S.; Usman, Jasna // Journal of Laryngology & Voice;Jan-Jun2015, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p7
Background: The studies reviewed suggest the potential clinical applications of vowel harmonic amplitude differences. In this study, it was hypothesized that there would be abnormal reduction of higher harmonic amplitudes relative to the amplitude of the first harmonics in individuals with...
- Audiovisual review: Recordings. Reynolds, Angela J.; Mandell, Phyllis Levy // School Library Journal;Dec97, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p70
Reviews the sound recording `Let's Read Together Series,' from Kane Press.
- A structured approach to voice range profile (phonetogram) analysis. Sulter, Arend M.; Wit, Hero P. // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Oct94, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1076
Focuses on phonetogram, a structured approach to voice range profile analysis. Structured analysis based on quantitatively determining the shape, area and `Speaking range' dynamics; Calculation of the parameter sets that describes the features; Establishing normative data for specified groups.
- AN ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF KOREAN VOWEL SYSTEMS. YONG HEO // Acta Koreana;Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p23
This article discusses the various vowel systems of the Korean language, with consideration of the element theory of Government phonology. Korean vowel systems are different from one another, according to region and/or age variations. The differences are mainly in (i) whether or not the two...
- Tï¿½RKï¿½'EDE ï¿½NLï¿½ UYUMU VE Tï¿½RKIYE Tï¿½RKï¿½E'SI AGIZLARINDA ï¿½NLï¿½ UYUMUNUN BOZULMASI. Nakiboglu, Sadi H. // Turk Dunyasi Arastirmalari;2007, Issue 171, p95
Harmony is the similutade between the sounds in words in Turkish language. There are two types of it: vowel and consonant. Turkish language has an important characteristic "vowel harmony" which seperates it from other languages and which exists in afew languages like Altay languages. There are...
- On the Classification of /a/ in the Ibibio Language in Nigeria. Noah, Paulinus // American Journal of Social Issues & Humanities;Sep2012, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p322
No vowel in Ibibio seems to be saddled with as much controversy, with regard to classification, as /a/. While Utip classifies it as a front vowel, most others classify it as a central vowel (cf. Urua, Umoh, Ekere, Uko,and Essien, for instance). This paper argues that /a/ in Ibibio is indeed a...