Strength, Endurance, and Stability of the Tongue and Hand in Parkinson Disease
- Dark discoloration of the tongue. Levine, Norman // Geriatrics;Jun96, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p20
Presents a case report on the dark discoloration of the tongue of a 74-year-old man. Description of the discoloration; Possibility of the occurrence of melanoma in oral mucous membranes; Other differential diagnosis; Role of poor oral hygiene and diet of soft food in the dark discoloration.
- Self-reported functioning and well-being in patients with Parkinson's disease: Comparison of the... Jenkinson, C.; Peto, V. // Age & Ageing;Nov95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p505
Documents the impact of Parkinson's disease upon patients using both a generic health status measure and a disease-specific measure. Comparison of results in the population with a similar aged group randomly selected from two general practices; Considerable impact of the disease on general...
- A study of the nutritional status of elderly patients with Parkinson's disease. Davies, Keren N.; King, Debra // Age & Ageing;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p142
Determines whether a group of elderly patients with Parkinson's disease (PD) showed evidence of undernutrition. Assessment of possible etiologic factors; Reasons for the weight loss in PD; Characteristics of PD patients; Anthropometric measurements and mean daily dietary intake in PD and...
- A longitudinal study of visuospatial discrimination in Parkinsonian patients. Katsarou, Z.; Bostantjopoulou, S. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Feb98, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p171
Presents a study which was conducted in order to assess the changing performance of patients with Parkinson's disease on a complex visuospatial discrimination task over a three-year period and the relation to the deterioration of their motor function. Methods used; Indication that there was no...
- The Child is Father of the Man. // Alberta Views;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on fatherhood by Marcello Di Cintio, long-term care for the aged by Hope Smith, and how singing can be better than medicine for people with Parkinson's disease by Cheryl Mahaffy.
- Cognitive screening of Parkinson's Disease patients using the CAMCOG. // Age & Ageing;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p13
Presents an abstract of the article `Cognitive Screening of Parkinson's Disease Patients Using the CAMCOG,' by P. Hobson, E. Mitchelmore, and J. Meara.
- Instructional strategies to help exercises with Parkinson's disease. Hirsch, Mark A.; Ratliffe, Thomas // Palaestra;Summer97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p29
Presents information on various techniques to aid in persons with the Parkinson's disease exercise programs. Estimation of Americans with Parkinson's disease; When symptoms of Parkinsonism develops. INSET: Instructional strategies..
- Correction. // People;10/23/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 17, p6
The article presents a correction to an article about a lawsuit filed by Parkinson's disease sufferer Jim Sweet that appeared in the September 25, 2006 issue.
- Safety of combined therapy for Parkinson's disease. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;8/1/1998, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p514
Focuses on an article in the April 18, 1998 issue `British Medical Journal' by Y. Ben-Shlomo et al., pertaining to the combined levodopa and selegiline treatment of patients early and mild Parkinson's disease.