Otitis Media, Fluctuant Hearing Loss, and Speech-Language Outcomes: A Preliminary
- Review: treatment with ventilation tubes has little effect in children with otitis media with effusion. Rovers, M. M.; Black, N.; Browning, G. G. // Evidence Based Medicine;Dec2005, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p175
The article presents a study which determined the effect of treatment with ventilation tubes on children with otitis media with effusion. Results showed that children treated with ventilation tubes had a shorter mean time with effusion at 12 months and a lower mean hearing level at six months...
- Middle ear fluid treatment guidelines. // HealthFacts;Sep94, Vol. 19 Issue 184, p1
Reports on the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research's (AHCPR) issuance of guidelines for the appropriate treatment of otitis media with effusion. Background on AHCPR; Rationale for treating middle ear effusion; Prevention; Drugs; Surgery.
- Middle ear effusion-allergy relationships. Mattucci, Kenneth F.; Greenfield, Barak J. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Nov95, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p752
No abstract available.
- Serous Otitis Media with Tympanosclerosis and Healed Neomembrane. Pulec, Jack L.; Seguine, Christian // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Sep1998, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p726
Presents an ostopic view of a right ear during an acute episode of serous otitis media. Effect of the yellow fluid of serous otitis media; Treatment for the disease.
- Autoinflation: Historical Highlights and Clinical Implications. Stangerup, Sven-Eric // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Sep1998, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p737
Examines the use of autoinflation in the treatment of secretory otitis media. Autoinflation in the 20th century; Effects of different types of autoinflation in various condition; Main objectives of the treatment of secretory otitis media.
- Antibiotic therapy for persistent otitis media with effusion. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;1/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p321
Summarizes a study by F.A. Van Balen, et al, in the 1996 issue of `Lancet,' volume 348, that focused on the effectiveness of antibiotic therapy, in the treatment of otitis media with effusion. Background on the study; Findings of the authors; Conclusions drawn by the authors based on findings.
- JSHR in Brief. // ASHA;Dec94, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the results of a study which investigates comodulation masking release (CMR) in children with and without histories of otitis media with effusion (OME) by Joseph W. Hall and John H. Grose. Reduced monotic CMRs in children who had history of OME; Need for the investigation into the...
- Duration and recurrence of otitis media with effusion in children from birth to 3 years... Hogan, Sarah C.; Stratford, Kenneth J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/1/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7077, p350
Examines the duration and recurrence of otitis media with effusion in children from birth to 3 years. Overview of otitis media with effusion; Use of a Markov model; Model's prediction on episodes of otitis media; Association of frequent episodes with increased susceptibility to otitis media;...
- Commentary: Reduced confusion over ear effusion? Haggard, M.P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/1/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7077, p354
Opinion. Comments on the paper of Hogan et al regarding otitis media with effusion. Incidence of otitis media; Medical responses needed; Significance of the paper; Possibilities suggested by the evidence for partial efficacy of antibiotics.