SPARTAN'S FURION CHASSIS
- Get a partner for peace of mind. // Finance Week;05/25/2001, p36
Focuses on the services offered by fleet management companies in South Africa. Management and maintenance of forklifts and other equipment; Selection and appointment of the right driver for the fleet.
- Kent threatens to register its road fleet abroad. Harding, David // Public Finance;03/26/99, p8
Reports on Kent, England's plans to register its transport fleet in Belgium and France, to avoid the increase in road tax imposed by the British government. Kent's reasons for planning to register abroad; Estimates on the county's savings from the move.
- Dutch trial gives thumbs-up to LHVs. // Commercial Motor;6/3/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5384, p9
The article discusses a study conducted by the government which found that longer, heavier vehicles (LHVs) are cleaner, more efficient and cost-effective as well as capable of removing millions of vehicle kilometres from the road in the Netherlands.
- Tribes need bigger buses. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Confederated Tribes of the Umantilla Indian Reservation's (CTUIR) Transit System to expand its bus fleet from 10 into 12 to accommodate the 33 percent increase in ridership in Tri-Cities, in Oregon.
- Squeeze play. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;Jan1999, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the fleets hauling truckload or less-than-truckload lot (LTL) freight. Prediction of Chris Brady of Martin Labbe Association on the utilization of both truckload and LTL carriers; Rates of LTL fleets; Selection carrier for carriers.
- Contract maintenance. Levandoski, Robert C. // Beverage Industry;Jul93, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p52
Reports on trends in the maintenance and repair of the beverage industry's truck fleets. Ownership and service options; Preferences of company owners; Impact of technological advancements in truck design; Rules of the Environmental Protection Agency; Findings of the reader survey of `Beverage...
- Food fleets in flux. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;May2000, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p48
Focuses on the food distribution fleets in the United States. Status of transportation cost in 1999; Market performance of Otis Spunkmeyer company; Goals of the company on its fleet operation; Information on the direct-delivery logistics model of food distributors.
- Enter the MT Awards today! // Motor Transport;3/29/2010, p4
The article presents information on the deadline and a newly added category called Fleet Driver of the Year for the Motor Transport Awards 2010.
- Going to War on the Rails. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the efforts of the Defense Freight Railway Interchange Fleet (DFRIF) in supporting military deployment operations in the United States. Assignment of general-purpose flatcars to specific Army and Marine Corps to support mobilization; Performance of an annual railcar inspections by...