MOBILE SPECIALTY'S COMMAND CENTER
- SAFETY MESSAGE. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);3/6/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article presents a safety message from the Texas Forest Service on how local residents should prepare for the 2008 winter fire season.
- On the right track? Alalouff, Ron // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the issues regarding fire safety, active and passive fire protection, and the pitfalls in fire safety and protection management.
- Investors' cash sets complient down web path. Serres, Christopher // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on Complient, a company in Solon, Ohio that not only provides on-site emergency medical training, but also offers regulatory compliance information over the Internet. Amount raised from a host of big-name investors; Head of its Web-based operation; Complient's planned usage of the...
- JUST CULTURE PART 2: UNDERSTANDING WHY ACCIDENTS HAPPEN. Holdsambeck, Steve // Fire Management Today;Winter2011, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p23
The article focuses on Just Culture, defined as an ethical system of accountability and safety management in fire management systems in the U.S. It discusses the concept of safety under the Forest Service Foundational Doctrine signed in 2006 by the Chief of the Forest Service. The quality of...
- The Sheer Exhausting Nature of the Job. Chaplin, Kristine // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p26
The article features the first State Fire Safety Academy sponsored by the Minnesota State Fire Marshal Division held in October 2008. The two-day event provided civilians in public safety and government leadership positions with an understanding of the typical challenges faced by Minnesota's...
- MOVING TOWARD A COHERENT APPROACH TO SAFETY AND RISK MANAGEMENT. Apicello, Mike // Fire Management Today;Winter2011, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the adoption of the principles of modern fire suppression doctrine by the Fire and Aviation Management (FAM) program in the U.S. As a result, the Branch of Risk Management was created by the FAM program to promote a learning culture within the program. The Accident...
- IMPLEMENTING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS FOR AVIATION SAFETY. Hanks, Ron G. // Fire Management Today;Winter2011, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the Safety Management System (SMS), an accident prevention system for fire and aviation management in the U.S. It notes that SMS processes have been developed by Forest Service regional aviation and safety managers (RASM) for their risk management model. Certification of...
- Firefighters Are Friends. // Weekly Reader - Edition K;Oct2011, Vol. 54, Special section p1
The article presents an instructional material for young children on fire safety.
- Have Outlook, Will Schedule. Bernardy, Dan // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2007, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p56
The author reflects on issues related to fire prevention and public safety in Minnesota. He comments on the implications of cycle programming to fire and safety education. According to the author, there are many groups and networks both within Minnesota and nationally that meet regularly to...