ROAD RESCUE'S SAFETY AMBULANCE
- BOOK ME. Paramedico: Around the World by Ambulance. // Lamp;Apr2012, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p41
The article reviews the book "Paramedico: Around the World by Ambulance," by Benjamin Gilmour.
- People you're dying to meet. May, Pate // New Statesman & Society;7/22/94, Vol. 7 Issue 312, p14
Recounts the author's experiences during an evening shift with an ambulance staff and paramedics in London, England. Start of shift at the Oval Ambulance Station; World of acronyms; Emergency calls; Society's sanitization of death; Emergency staff as heroes of society.
- Rethinking the hand-over process. // Journal of Paramedic Practice;Jan2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on the hand-over process as clinical hand-over of patient. It mentions that hand-over may begin if the fire or the police service are the first responders at the scene of an accident and they hand-over the responsibility for the injured patients to the ambulance. It says that...
- Research supports paramedics plan. Cameron, Amanda // New Zealand Doctor;11/7/2012, p9
The article reports on a study by Otago University researchers led by Sarah Hoyle of Wellington Free Ambulance which suggests that sending paramedics with an expanded set of skills on emergency ambulance visits reduces the number of hospital admissions, supporting the proposed use of...
- Action on ramping in Queensland Health. // Queensland Nurse;Dec2011, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p7
The article announces that David Rosengren has been appointed as head of a new team to tackle ramping problem in Queensland's busy hospitals.
- THE PARAMEDIC IN THE COMMUNITY: MY STORY. Daly, John // Primary Health Care;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p16
This article aims to provide a clear picture of the role of paramedics based in the community and show how this role has developed through the pioneering personal experiences of a paramedic working in a medical practice. It highlights, through the responses to a questionnaire, how paramedics...
- ACTITUD DE LOS PROFESIONALES DE LAS EMERGENCIAS ANTE LA PERSONA CON RIESGO DE SUICIDIO O CONDUCTA SUICIDA. Poley Guerra, Alfredo Jesús; García Velázquez, Ma del Castillo; Pérez Galán, Ricardo José // Ciberrevista Enfermeriadeurgencias.com;Mar/Abr2012, Issue 24, p32
OMS defines "suicidal" as any action by which an individual themselves cause damage, regardless of the degree of lethal intent or not you know the real reasons (OMS, 1976). Since this phenomenon is becoming more prevalent in our society, and since the emergency teams are the ones who most often...
- A story of falling. Ross, Alistair // Therapy Today;Oct2014, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p22
A first person narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of a life-threatening accident.
- NAEMT: Four in Five Medics Injured on the Job. // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on findings by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians and McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals in the United States on the injuries and medical conditions of medics as a result of their work. Four in five medics surveyed are injured or got sick...