Management of a maxillary sinus foreign body (dental bur)
- Antral rhinolithiasis and tooth filling. Manjaly, George; Pahor, Ahmes L. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Sep1994, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p676
Reports two cases of tooth filling patients who subsequently developed antral rhinolithiasis. Case of a 41-year-old woman with postnasal discharge and morning sickness; Case of a 52-year-old woman with blurred right eye vision; Pathogenesis.
- Unusual Foreign Body In The Maxillary Antrum: A Case Report. Kaushik, Sandeep; Singh, Ajay Pratap; Karthikeyan, Anand // Internet Journal of Otorhinolaryngology;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
Foreign bodies in the maxillary sinus are not unusual findings. Many cases have been reported so far with foreign bodies like tooth, dental amalgam, chopstick, matchstick, gutta-percha point, pellets, and even bullet. This paper reports a unique presentation of a patient with regurgitation of...
- Penetrating foreign body in the maxillary sinus and pterygopalatine fossa: Report of a rare case. Mathews, Alex; Nair, Arun; Tandon, Shantanu; Souza, Ophelia D. // Internet Journal of Head & Neck Surgery;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Foreign bodies may present in the paranasal sinuses through a variety of traumatic and iatrogenic events. Endoscopic and open approaches have been described in literature for retrieval of the foreign bodies. We describe a case where a high velocity blunt foreign body penetrated anterior and...
- Rare Case of Long Standing Foreign Body in Maxillary Sinus. Katarkar, Ashish; Bhavesh, Modi; Modh, Datt; Shah, Pankaj // Clinical Rhinology: An International Journal;May-Aug2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p110
Foreign body in maxillary sinus is not uncommon. Case reports published worldwide have been reviewed. We present a case which was suggestive of carcinoma of maxillary sinus, but it was foreign body 'stone' in right maxillary sinus which was almost 30 years old.
- Beware the bay leaf. JOHNS, A. N. // British Medical Journal;12/27/1980, p1682
The article describes two cases of patients who required endoscopic removal of an ingested foreign body.
- RHINOSCOPIC CLINIC. Endoscopic view of secretion transport in the maxillary sinus following a long-term inferior meatal antrostomy. Christmas, Dewey A.; Mirante, Joseph P.; Yanagisawa, Eiji // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug2012, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p312
The article discusses the case of a 55-year-old man presenting with right-sided nasal congestion and a bad odor from his nose and a history of nasal and sinus surgery on the right side 18 years ago. Endoscopic surgery revealed a widely patent inferior meatal antrostromy. A middle meatal...
- Safety Of Fess In Maxillary Sinus Foreign Body Removal In Children. Gulati, S. P.; Gulia, Joginder Singh; Hooda, Anita // Internet Journal of Dental Science;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
Metallic Foreign bodies in maxillary sinus are rare. Caldwell- Luc (CWL) procedure is used for their removal, but it is associated with complications like oro-antral fistula, gingivolabial fistula, dacrocystitis, and devitalized tooth. Moreover the potential problem of altered facial development...
- Endoscopic Retrieval of Dental Implants From the Maxillary Sinus. Varol, Altan; Türker, Neslihan; Göker, Kamil; Basa, Selcuk // International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p801
Endoscopic sinus surgery has been performed for various indications in maxillofacial surgical practices. It has been utilized for assessment of antral pathologies, removal of foreign bodies, orthognathic procedures, and treatment of facial fractures. In the cases presented, 3 dental implants...
- Orbito-sinal foreign body. Simha, Arathi; John, Mary; Albert, Ruby Rita; Kuriakose, Thomas // Indian Journal of Ophthalmology;Nov2010, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p530
Perforating injuries of the orbit involving the paranasal sinuses are uncommon. We report a case in which a large wooden foreign body lodged in the posterior orbit and maxillary sinus was surgically removed by a combined approach by ophthalmologists and ear, nose and throat surgeons.