Ned showcase: OEM/design components
- Latching light detectors is frugal with power and parts. Smith, Anthony; Travis, Bill // EDN Europe;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on the design of a light detector circuit using light emitting diodes. Process of light detection using the circuit; Functions of various components used in the circuit; Alternative circuit design to lower the power consumption.
- Low-cost device for ratiometric fluorescence measurements. Kostov, Yordan; Rao, Govind // Review of Scientific Instruments;Dec1999, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p4466
Describes an all-solid-state, low-cost device for fluorescent wavelength-ratiometric detection. Use of ultrabright light-emitting diodes as light sources; Accomplishment of detection by high-sensitivity, large-surface PIN photodiodes; Use of the device for a variety of ratiometric fluorescence...
- Photoelectric inclination sensor. Kato, Hisao; Kojima, Masahiko; Hayashi, Morihiko; Sasaki, Shunji // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jun86, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p1207
A new photoelectric inclination sensor consisting of a light emitting diode (LED) spirit level mounted on a photodiode array is introduced. Light from the LED projects a bubble in the level and throws a shadow onto the surface of the array composed of four equivalent square-shaped diodes,...
- Blue OLED is light source for optical chemical sensor. Yeates, Harry // Electronics Weekly;4/10/2002, Issue 2047, p17
Reports the utilization of blue light emitting diodes for optical chemical sensor in the U.S. Mechanism of operation of the light sources; Applicability of the light source.
- Their time has come. Anderson, Stephen G. // Laser Focus World;Feb2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p7
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including the development of a quantum-cascade-laser-based gas-detection engine, the integration of terahertz detectors into monolithic focal plane arrays and optical testing for...
- Design code models unconventional sources. Cornil, Yan // Laser Focus World;Aug96, Vol. 32 Issue 8, pS14
Describes how to use design-code source-definition capabilities to simulate the performance of a light-emitting diode (LED) system. Use of LED sources in optical-detection systems; Analyzing performance from the light source to the detector; Emission chip simulation; Dome effects.
- LEDs with sensing capabilities. // Design News;5/21/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on a study conducted by University of Illinois researchers which investigated the use of light emitting diodes (LED) as sensors that detect the presence of harmful chemicals. Specific uses of LED in industries and homes; How the researchers transformed LED into chemically-sensitive devices.
- Using a light-emitting diode as a high-speed, wavelength selective photodetector Miyazaki, Eiichi; Miyazaki, Elichi; Itami, Shin; Araki, Tsutomu // Review of Scientific Instruments;Nov98, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p3751
Examines the use of a light-emitting diode (LED) as a wavelength selective photodetector. Kinds of LED; Investigation on the stationary and temporal characteristics of LED; Effect of reverse bias voltage on the time spread of output current wave form.
- Integrated organic light-emitting device/fluorescence-based chemical sensors. Savvate’ev, V.; Chen-Esterlit, Z.; Aylott, J. W.; Choudhury, B.; Kim, C.-H.; Zou, L.; Friedl, J. H.; Shinar, R.; Shinar, J.; Kopelman, R. // Applied Physics Letters;12/9/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 24, p4652
A fluorescent chemical sensor platform, integrating an organic light-emitting device (OLED) light-source with a fluorescent probe, is demonstrated for a subsecond-fast oxygen sensor. The integration results in strong light coupling and negligible heating of the sensor film or analyte. The...