This month's: Top of the news
- New product picks: Editors' showcase. // New Equipment Digest;Oct99, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p68
Presents selected new industrial products released as of October 1999. Includes DataTIC programmable logic controller accessory for operator authentication, identification and process setup from Datakey Inc.; Panel-PT for harsh-duty flat panel computing; RDS Series switch from Noble U.S.A. Inc.
- ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS. // New Equipment Digest;Feb2005, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p35
Presents several electrical and electronics equipment. Features of the series 1000A clamp thermometer; Uses of the EISB B-Line series Ethernet switches; Design of the RH Series brushless servo motors.
- Bitbus is still out there. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Sep2004, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p38
Discusses the technical aspects of the Bitbus International Electrical and Electronic Engineering Standard 1118, the oldest known electrical bus still in use in most European countries. Data block movement in autonomous nodes of a distributed control system; Bitbus controller designed by Dutch...
- BEST OF NED. Romei, Lura // New Equipment Digest;Apr2001, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p92
Evaluates industrial products and equipments from various manufacturers. Laser scanner from Polhemu Inc.; White Lithium Plus lubricant from STS; Daido Corp.'s chain and belt tensioners and guides; Digital thermometer from UEi.
- Enclosures: The First and Often Only Line of Defense. Johnson, Dick // Control Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on protection of delicate controls, electronics and wiring from acrid industrial environments using enclosures. Applications that use enclosures; Office environment applications of enclosures; Enclosures available in the markets as of February 2003.
- Modern MCCs get it together. Johnson, Paul L. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Nov99, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p69
Discusses improvements made in motor control centers (MCC). Provision of the most suitable method for grouping electric motor controllers, power distribution devices and automation equipment in a compact, freestanding installation; Modular design; Simplification of installation, wiring and...
- Current/voltage indicators. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Sep2004, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p52
Introduces the PMX420 series current-voltage industrial displays developed by engineering technology specialist Weidmuller.
- KEEPING CURRENT FREE CATALOGS & CD. // New Equipment Digest;Mar2006, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p35
The article presents free catalogs and compact discs featuring industrial equipment, supplies and services from various companies. A brochure from the Gusher Pump Division of the Ruthman Pump and Engineering Inc. details SC-CC Series of general service pump. The PHD Inc. catalog features slides,...
- Helpful hints. // Country Living;Nov2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p146
This article presents helpful hints related to cookery, and introduces some items that can be of value in the kitchen. Take the guesswork out of determining when the roast is ready by keeping close tabs with Oxo's Meat Thermometer. The Four Season Contemporary Non-Stick Roaster from Calphalon,...