Fresno Plans for Pub-Ed, Growth
- Spring Branch Volunteer Fire Department Ushered into 21st Century. Micklethwait, James // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/18/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the great progress made by the Spring Branch Volunteer Fire Department (SBVFD) board of directors in ushering the department into the 21st century to render improved fire protection to the growing population in Texas.
- Norwalk's new firefighting gem. Fallon, Bill // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/25/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 47, p7
The article reports that the Norwalk Fire Department headquarters started responding to calls in early October 2013 as it opened officially in October 5.
- The Middletown Mistake Revisited: The Death of a Dream. WELSER, CARL F. // Fire Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the Hamburg Fire Department Inc. (HFD) and the Middletown Volunteer Fire Department (MVFD) in Michigan. It details the creation of HFD Inc. in August 1946, the HFD members' partnership with township officers in 1998, and the problems of the MVFD officers with forward...
- Glencoe's public safety services. Harlow, Paul // Public Management (00333611);Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p25
Focuses on the combined police and fire services in Glencoe, Illinois. Aim of effectively using time and abilities of personnel in police and fire departments; Vehicle designation; Description of operations; Definition of public safety.
- Contract dispute halts fire service in Cottonwood Shores. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/16/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 42, p7A
The article reports on the disapproval by the Cottonwood Shores Volunteer Fire District (CSVFD) on the request of Cottonwood Shores to have its volunteer fire department.
- Take Your Fire Chief to Lunch. Hoffbuhr, Jack W. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Dec2003, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p6
Identifies the lack of cooperation between water and fire departments in the U.S. Information on the dangerous warehouse fire in southwest Chicago, Illinois; Problems with water supply demand in rural areas; Solutions to facilitate cooperation between fire and water department personnel.
- AROUND THE STATE. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p29
This section offers news briefs in Minnesota. The Cloquet Area Fire District placed a new rig, Rescue 1, into service and the unit is the only vehicle of its kind in Carlton County. The Comfrey Fire Department completed the renovation of a 2003 Ford F350 as a Quick Attack/Grass Rig at the cost...
- Strategic Planning for Minnesota's Fire Service. Schliek, David // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses a strategic planning session conducted by the Certification Board which has all of the fire departments in Minnesota as its ultimate customer. The Board is committed to stay ahead of the evolution of change as it seeks to be of assistance to the different fire departments...
- News in Brief. // Fire Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 158 Issue 1, p38
Presents news briefs on fire departments and fire developments in the U.S. Collapse of a garage under construction at the Tropicana Casino and Resort; Discussion of the key provisions of the agreement made between the California Professional Firefighters and the California State Firefighters...