Easier Being Green
- Huntley Fire Station Earns LEED Certification. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/20/2012, p2
The article reports that the Huntley, Illinois Fire Protection District's new station on Algonquin Road has received a LEED green building certificate due to its green building design.
- Government/Public Buildings Submitted by Public Building Commission of Chicago. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/18/2013, Vol. 272 Issue 10, pMW23
The article features the Engine Co. 16, the first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-Platinum firehouse in Illinois and winner of the Best Projects Award of Merit government/public buildings for 2013, with geothermal heat-exchange system and a vegetative and reflective roof.
- LEED PROJECTS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p58
A list of the top Leadership in Engineering and Environmental Design (LEED) projects in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 is presented, including 4275 Dean Martin Drive, Big Town Mechanical Headquarter, and the Boca Raton Luxury Condominium.
- Green buildings seen as $30 billion market. Sahay, Priyanka // South Asian Post;9/29/2011, p20
The article reports that the construction of environmental-friendly green buildings in India will result into a market worth 30 billion dollars.
- OREGON SUSTAINABILITY CENTER. // Elevator World;Apr2011, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p28
The article reports that the construction of the Oregon Sustainability Center in Portland, Oregon will start in July 2011.
- Johnson County introduces green homes certificate program. // Corridor Business Journal;Dec2012 Threshold Supplement, p5
The article informs that the Green Building Certificate Program has been issued by Johnson County in Iowa, which will allow builders to use energy-efficient and sustainable features in designing buildings.
- Dutch Ecovillage Build. // Permaculture Magazine;Winter2010, Issue 66, p64
The article reports on the construction of an ecobuilding near Den Bosch town in southern Netherlands.
- Hybrid Concrete Provides Answers in Perth. // Building Economist;Jun2010, p30
The article focuses on the construction of the Condor Tower in Perth, Western Australia through sustainable building practice.
- SHOCKING STAT OF THE MONTH. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2010, Vol. 109 Issue 12, pC2
The article presents a statistic on the projected value of construction starts for green buildings in the U.S. in 2015.