Help wanted -- only qualified welders need apply
- 'Virtual welding' - an innovative welding simulator conquers the market for initial and continuing welding training. Kreindl, Josef // Welding & Cutting;2012, Issue 6, p373
The article presents a report about the launch of the Virtual Welding Training Systems by the Germany Welding Society (DVS) in Essen, Germany in 2009. The goal of DVS was to provide an overview of the virtual training methods used in welding education. The benefits of the training system in...
- WAGTA - Continuing to look to facilitate solving the skills shortage. // Welding & Cutting;2012, Issue 6, p363
The article reports on the efforts of the Welding Apprentice Group Training Association (WAGTA) in solving the skills shortage of welding engineering personnel in Great Britain. The plan of WAGTA to increase the number of Advanced Level Apprenticeship programmes is outlined. The benefits of...
- How to Cope with the Welder Shortage: Grow Your Own. McNew, Philip L. // Welding Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p88
The article discusses the solution to the shortage of welder in the company by training own employees in order to qualify in the welder positions. It mentions that Mid-America Pipe Fabricating Co. in Scammon, Kansas is offering the program in their technical college and actively supporting the...
- AWS Foundation to Award Welder Workforce Development Grants. // Welding Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the AWS Foundation will award welder workforce development funds collected from gifts from donors to increase the welder workforce. It is stated that the program will focus on recruiting and training entry-level welders or provide welders with specialized training. As...
- HARD WORK MAKES A WINNER. // World of Welding;Fall2006, p15
The article focuses on Henry Sloan III of Portsmouth, Ohio, first place winner in the State Apprenticeship Contest in welding that was held on April 24-27, 2006. He has completed the apprenticeship being provided to Hobart Institute of Welding Technology graduates by the United Association of...
- Weldability-Sif Foundation Charity continues to help welder training. // Welding & Cutting;2012, Issue 4, p204
The article reports on the welder training provided by the Weldability-Sif Foundaton Charity to welders in Letchworth, England.
- AWS Reveals Matching Gift Program for Endowed Scholarships and Expands International Services. // Welding Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that the Board of Directors of the American Welding Society (AWS) has approved the matching program for all donations to new or existing scholarships to help students with their welding education tuition.
- Maine's Beal College Offers a New Advanced Welder Training Program. WOODWARD, HOWARD M. // Welding Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p88
The article focuses on the educational program of the Beal College in Maine, offers a two-years educational program on state-of-the-art welder training to meet the demand of the local government on skilled welders in the U.S. It cites the curriculum of the program with major courses on...
- PICTURE YOURSELF IN THE WORLD OF WELDING. // World of Welding;Summer2008, p28
The section presents several photographs of welding classes and their students conducted in different areas including the Buckeye Career Center in New Philadelphia, Ohio, the Washington County Career Center in Marietta, Ohio, and the C-4 Career Center in Columbus, Indiana.