Transient Left Ventricular Apical Ballooning
- Focus Briefs. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p34
Presents news briefs on midwifery and women's health as of March 1, 2004. Modification of the guidelines on assisted reproduction in Great Britain; Rise in the median age of women giving birth in Australia; Heart disease risk faced by older women with depression.
- Strained marriages increase heart hazards for women. // Journal of Business (10756124);3/26/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p12B
The article focuses on the association of strained marriages in the heart hazards of women in Utah. Study shows that women in strained marriages are vulnerable to feel depressed and suffer high blood pressure, obesity and other signs of metabolic syndrome. This suggests that those who experience...
- Women & heart disease. Cerrato, Paul // RN;Nov98, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p40
Focuses on the ability to spot the symptoms of coronary artery disease (CAD) in women and administer gender-specific drug and diet therapy to help reduce the toll that heart disease takes on women. How administering gender-specific drug and diet therapy can reduce the problems associated with...
- Prevention for the older woman . Messinger-Rapport, Barbara J.; Thacker, Holly L. // Geriatrics;Jul2002, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p22
Part IV. Describes several office-based strategies to prevent heart diseases in postmenopausal women in the U.S. Incidence of heart disease in women; Role of physicians in the clinical management of heart disease; Types of heart disease; Tips on managing heart diseases in women.
- PEARL: High-dose lasofoxifene reduced risk for fracture, breast cancer, coronary events. Southall, Jennifer // Endocrine Today;Mar2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p28
The article reports on the decrease in risks for both vertebral and nonvertebral fractures, estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer, coronary heart disease and stroke in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis who received once-daily lasofoxifene, according to the Postmenopausal Evaluation and...
- Symptoms of depression were associated with cardiac events. // Cardiology Today;Apr2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p27
The article discusses research which revealed an association between symptoms of depression in women and increased risk for morbidity due to coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac death.
- Depression in Women: Diagnostic and Treatment Considerations. Bhatia, Subhash C.; Bhatia, Shashi K. // American Family Physician;7/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p225
Discusses depression in women. Differences between women and men; Risk for suicidal behavior; Relationship between depression and menstruation; Relationship between depression and pregnancy.
- Depression in Women. // American Family Physician;7/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p239
Discusses depression in women. Symptoms of depression; Causes of depression; Treatment; Side effects of depression medicines.
- A report of a case: anesthetic management of a parturient with severe thrombotic stenosis of a mechanical aortic valve--an exercise in coordination of subspecialties. Inyang, Asuquo N.; Jackson, Mark; Kumar, Ashok; Nychka, Andre; Leyvi, Galina; Zhuravlev, Ilya; Plestis, Konstadinos; Wasnick, John // Seminars in Cardiothoracic & Vascular Anesthesia;Sep2005, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p261
The pregnant woman with valvular heart disease presents significant challenges to the obstetric, anesthesiology, and cardiology teams. Although successful outcomes for both mother and fetus are possible with coordinated medical care, the patient with a prosthetic valve who requires systemic...