Ask the Experts
- Forecast: More jobs--but less training. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p38
Presents a question and answer with Carol D'Amico, as she talks about changes that will affect the traditional work environment, referencing her book `Workforce 2020: Work and Workers in the 21st Century.' Belief that educational institutions are not teaching enough skills to produce a skilled...
- Examine your safety philosophy. Friend, Mark A. // Professional Safety;Feb97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p34
Presents a question and answer section which relates to the philosophy of safety in the workplace. Why incident/accident investigations would be carried out; What is a safety manager's primary role. INSET: Safety philosophy examination..
- Career coach. Touby, Laurel // Working Mother;Nov97, p41
Question and answer segment on how to handle situations in the workplace. Methods to prevent and alleviate such situations; Comments from Shelly Lazarus, chief executive officer of Ogilvy and Mather Advertising agency.
- Accepting gifts in the workplace. Harty-Golder, Barbara // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Oct2007, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p46
The article provides answers to questions related to accepting gifts in the workplace.
- Plants in the office reduce illness. Emin, David // Media Week;4/7/2009, Issue 1203, p18
The article presents an answer to a question about having plants in the office.
- ASK THE MENTOR Office politics. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Feb2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, following p24
The article presents answers to several questions including how to ensure a healthy work environment before entering into a new job, and how to ensure that the boss knows the work done by me.
- THE ROTMANI-THINK PROGRAM. Christensen, Karen // Rotman Management;Spring2012, p25
The article presents questions and answers related to integrative thinking including characteristics of today's workplaces, age for developing learning skills and creative solutions.
- WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? Bullrnore, Jeremy // Management Today;Jan2008, p69
The article presents questions and answers related to business management including how to cope with obscene art in work place, the third partner not having the drive and ability as the other two, and how to tackle with team which resents one's relationship with the manager.
- WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? Bullmore, Jeremy // Management Today;Aug2008, p63
The article presents questions and answers related to disturbing work environment including how to deal bullying in the office, how to handle unpleasant co-worker attitude and what move should be taken in dealing with a boss who has a bad breath.