On Not Seeing Venice
- The Ten Greatest Works of Literature of the Second Millennium. Updike, John // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p36
No abstract available.
- Learning to read in poughkeepsie. Flannery, Maura C. // American Biology Teacher;Oct97, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p528
Opinion. Focuses on the authors experience as she attended the Summer Institute which was sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities and held at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York in relation to literature. Reference to her views after reading poems; Indication that frequent...
- Literature. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Oct96, Vol. 150 Issue 4, p69
Presents a listing of literature. Information on the literature.
- Literature. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p102
Gives information on literature in relation to adhesives. Information on a brochure from TA Instruments Incorporated which describes the TGA 2950 thermogravimetric analyzer; Details on a guide from National Starch and Chemical Company, for users of labeling adhesives; Detailed information on a...
- Favorite First Sentences! // Cricket;Mar2000, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p54
Presents several reader's picks of their favorite first sentences of books.
- Russian politics in the Russian classics. Barzun, J. // Commentary;May91, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p41
Disputes the conventional impression that characters in classical Russian literature are complacent and passive. In fact they are political in the broad sense of criticizing society for its defects. Pushkin criticized serfdom; Turgenev predictedglasnost; Politics underlie the works of Tolstoy...
- Literature as a dead duck. Miller, Henry // Chicago Review;1996, Vol. 42 Issue 3/4, p20
Discourses on the state of literature in the United States. Comparison with books churned out by European publishers; Mass production of pulp literature where common man is treated as a digit in machine-made formulas; Impossibility for creative writers to get an audience; Literature as the play...
- Literature showcase. // Contractor Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p59
Presents information on a listing of mechanical literature pertaining to varying industries. Identification of the literature and the machines that they are pertaining to; Mention of the companies who manufacture the produce; Indication of where the literature is available.
- Factfile literature. // Government Product News;Aug97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p57
Presents information on a number of literature pieces in relation to products. What is offered in Catalog No. 97-98; Literature on exit lighting.