- Cheap oil brings no cheer for petchems. // Chemical Week;12/8/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the reaction of European petrochemical produces on the slump in crude oil prices. Decrease of benchmark Brent crude; Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries' failure to agree on output cuts; Drop in naphtha feedstock prices.
- Paraxylene makers seek hike while market is still tight. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;09/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the plans to increase contract prices for the petrochemical paraxylene in the United States, for the fourth quarter of 1997. Effects of pressures from Asia on the proposed price increase; Contract nominations issued by key paraxylene manufacturers; Paraxylene prices in the third...
- Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/09/98, Vol. 254 Issue 19, p18
Presents updates on petrochemical prices in the United States, as of November 1998. Includes spot prices for benzene, toluene and xylenes; Contract prices of ethylene; Decline in methanol prices.
- Oil Prices Variations Cloud Chemical Profit Recovery. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/13/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the effect of crude oil prices on the chemical industry in the U.S. Impact of rising oil prices on the valuation of chemical stocks; Significance of oil prices to upstream and downstream producers; Companies that are affected by rising crude oil prices.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/08/98, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p14
Presents news briefs related to petrochemical prices in the United States, as of June 8, 1998. Includes Shell Chemical Co. and Union Carbide Corp.'s increase of acetic esters prices; Increase in the off-schedule price for acetone; Pricing of oxo chemicals.
- Calm after the storm. Everett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p7
Reports on the performance of the Middle East petrochemicals industry in 1999. Decline of oil prices; Collapse of major markets in the Far East; Optimism on the prospects of the industry.
- U.S. LETTER: CONNECTICUT. Trillin, Calvin // New Yorker;1/6/1968, Vol. 43 Issue 46, p76
The article presents a day-to-day narrative of the experiences of a recruitment officer from Dow Chemical at universities and colleges in Connecticut. The narrative focuses on the effect of student protests against Dow Chemical's manufacture of napalm which is being used in the war in Vietnam.
- Upward Pricing Pressure on Fuel Costs Likely to Continue in 2005. Arnum, Partricia Van // Chemical Market Reporter;11/22/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 18, pFR4
Focuses on the implication of the increase in oil prices for the chemical distributors in the U.S. Increase in the cost of transportation for chemicals; Production capacity of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries; Forecast on the cost of fuel by 2005.
- The end of life? Coles, Rick // Asian Chemical News;1/17/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 475, p16
Examines the impact of increasing crude oil price relationships on the chemical industry in Asia during 2004 and its implications for 2005. Assessment of the price relationship between crude oil and naphtha; Analysis of the quarterly margin of Asian petroleum chemicals including olefins;...