Take custody of your carbon
- Carbon commitments. Langridge, Adam; Bratt, Paul; Nicholls, Faye // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Nov2008, Issue 809, p19
The article offers information on the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), the third major climate change instrument launched by the British government. It is intended to produce secure and cost-effective carbon savings from non-energy intensive businesses and public sector organisations....
- Carbon preparedness. Doak, Justin // Display & Design Ideas;Jun2010, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on carbon preparedness and offers a brief overview of scopes one needs to consider per carbon accounting guidelines set forth in Green House Gas (GHG) protocol. As stated, scope one requires the companies to control emissions that result from activities leased by one's...
- A Specific Report and Analysis on Serious Errors Done by DOE in Validation Process of CDM Project in China. Zhaojing Li // Sustainable Development (21607540);Oct2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p123
The consultant, in regard to the serious errors done by DOE in validation process of a CDM project in China, as a representative sample which took not only a great negative impact on registration and development of CDM project in China resulted in a good many losses to Chinese government and...
- Carbon trading criticised for not cutting emissions. // Utility Week;11/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
The article focuses on a report released by the Friends of the Earth which found that carbon trading failed to cut emissions needed to prevent global warming and to promote innovation required for the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Carbon efficiency index. // African Business;Jan2010, Issue 360, p8
The article reports on the launch of the world's first carbon efficiency index by the International Finance (IFC) in collaboration with Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P).
- Carbon Neutral Diet in Northern California City's Future. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Jun2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p145
The article focuses on the plan of the city of Davis, California to reach total carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Carbon Offsets Explained. // American Salon;Apr2011, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p104
The article presents information about carbon offsetting, an individual or a business' efforts to reduce its negative impact on the atmosphere.
- Suppliers Risk Losing Multinationals by Not Embracing Sustainability. King, Bart // Sustainable Business Weekly;10/3/2011, p3
The article reports on a new survey of senior managers conducted by the Carbon Trust Advisory which has revealed that in the future, half of all multinational corporations will choose suppliers based upon their carbon performance. The survey also said that 29% of suppliers are likely to lose...
- MEASURING UP. Gale, Sarah Fister // PM Network;Jul2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the measurement on the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions by project managers in U.S. companies. It notes the justification of the carbon dioxide cutback measures through quantifiable measures. Furthermore, it states the partnership of companies with carbon trade...