- In Brief. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/12/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p6
Reports on developments related to finance in the Middle East, for the week of May 12, 2000. Appointment of Gulf Investment Corp. to financial adviser position on the restructuring of the Saudi electricity sector; Bids for Qatar Fertiliser Co.'s proposed expansion project.
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;5/24/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p27
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry, including the agreement signed by Qatar Fertilizer Co. with German distributor Helm to export and distribute melamine in Europe, the restart of the caustic soda unit of AkzoNobel at Botlek, the Netherlands and the decision of Georgia Gulf...
- Borealis Announces Another Major Venture in Abu Dhabi. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/24/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 10, p29
The article reports on a memorandum of understanding signed by Borealis and International Petroleum Investment Co. with the Abu Dhabi Investment Council to prepare for the first phase of a project to develop a "chemicals industrial city" in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The project will...
- Borealis boosts petrochemicals. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/19/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the investment of Danish petrochemical company Borealis AS to increase its aromatics, phenol, and cross-linkable polyethylene (XLPE) capacity in Scandinavia. Expansion of its benzene and cumene capacity; Strategy of the company to continuously develop and expand its phenol business;...
- News projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;5/27/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 20, p28
Presents information on the expansion projects of various companies in the chemical industry. Plan of Borealis Corporation to build a polypropylene (PP) plant at Schwechat, Austria; Details on Kemya's expansion project at its Al Jubail complex; Plans of Rhone-Poulenc to increase its methionine...
- Projects hot sheet. // Chemical Week;7/25/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 28, p20
Presents updates on several projects in the chemical industry as of July 25, 2001. Contract won by Krupp Uhde from Qatar Fertilizer Co. for a fertilizer complex; Plans of Sibur-Neftekhim for its ethylene production capacity in Kstovo, Russia; Information on the aromatics complex to be built by...
- A shock to the system. Williams, Perry // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/23/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p51
This article explores the doubts over plans of the Qatari government to expand its petrochemicals industry in 2007. The author indicates rising costs and adverse credit market conditions as causes of the doubts. He cites the decision by Qatar Fertiliser Co. to drop its plans to help finance its...
- Total has received a firm offer from Borealis for its majority interest in Belgium's Rosier S.A. // World Energy News;2/7/2013, p9
The article reports on international provider of chemical solutions Borealis' offer for its full interest in Belgium's Rosier S.A. to Total.
- Borealis closing Hamburg plant. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun99, Vol. 226 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Borealis Group's plan to close its petrochemical facility in Hamburg, Germany. Reasons for the company's decision.