Upward trend continues
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p15
The article offers business news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including decline in the U.S. propylene inventories by 1.5 percent, licensing of paraxylene (PX) technology by the U.S. engineering firm CBI and propylene production by the Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group.
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 9, p17
The article presents news briefs on the petrochemical industry, including those on Methanex of Canada, world's largest ethylene (C2) cracker furnace, and propylene stocks in the U.S.
- US contracts rise on oil and tight supply. BURRIDGE, ELAINE // ICIS Chemical Business;4/25/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p15
The article presents data related to the petrochemical industry including rise in propylene (C3) and Orthoxylene (OX) contracts in the U.S. in April 2011.
- Markets mainly see uptrend. // ICIS Chemical Business;5/18/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 20, p38
The article reports on the market trends exhibited by several chemical products in previous weeks. Crude oil traded at a six-month high on May 12, 2009, with front-month U.S. crude prices surpassing $59/bbl due to rise in China's crude oil imports. U.S. May 2009 propylene contracts have settled...
- Supply/demand behind olefins rise. BRICE, ANDY; WEDDLE, NEL // ICIS Chemical Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that February 2011 contract negotiations for European ethylene and propylene ended with both markets experiencing their fourth successive months of price hikes due to strong demand and tighter-than-expected availability. Adding to the stretched supply, the No. 2 Terneuzen...
- PP Demand Outlook Sluggish; PE Growth Moderate Led by LLDPE and HDPE. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/25/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the growth rates of commodity polymers, polyethylene (PE) and propylene (PP) in 2000. Decline in the consumption of PP in North America and Western Europe; Growth of the market for linear low-density polyethylene; Reason for Latin America's high growth rate; Increase in global PE...
- ...but competitive spirit remains. Pfeifer, Sylvia // Chemical Week;10/8/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 38, p25
Discusses merits of the fourth-quarter propylene contract price during the European Petrochemical Association meeting in Monte Carlo. Reason why olefin producers are willing to go for a decrease in propylene contract price; Predictions on propylene availability in 1997 and 1998.
- Increasing propylene output. Messina, Philip // Chemical Market Reporter;04/06/98, Vol. 253 Issue 14, pFR14
Discloses plans of the petrochemicals industries worldwide to increase the production of propylene. Comparison of the demand for propylene and ethylene; Impact of the Asian economic crisis on demand for propylene; Sources of propylene production and supplies; Strategies aimed at improving...
- Too much propylene keeping prices weak. // Plastics News;4/19/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p65
Focuses on a forum on the North American propylene market at the CMAI World Petrochemical Conference in Houston, Texas.