- Taking Sides in Switzerland. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;9/15/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 28, p5
The article reports on crises currently faced by Ciba Specialty Chemicals and Clariant, both based in Basel, Switzerland. Profitability at both companies has foundered during the past few years as both companies cope with challenges in sectors including paper chemicals, textile chemicals, and...
- Clariant, Ciba merge into global leader. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/16/98, Vol. 254 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the merger of international chemical companies Clariant AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals. Terms and conditions of the consolidation agreement; Factors that influenced the two firms to merge; Benefits to be gained from the consolidation; Reaction of company executives about the merger.
- Chemical Giants to Merge. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec98, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the plan of Ciba Specialty Chemicals company and Clariant Corp. to merge. Expectation from the merger; Information on the merged company.
- Analysts expect Clariant-Ciba merger to pressure specialty chemicals industry. Scheraga, Dan // Chemical Market Reporter;11/23/98, Vol. 254 Issue 21, p5
Focuses on the impact of the proposed merger between Clariant and Ciba Specialty Chemicals on the specialty chemical industry in the United States. Likelihood that the merger will raise objections from antitrust authorities, particularly in the areas of colors and plastics additives, in which...
- On the Pricing Front. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/07/99, Vol. 255 Issue 23, p23
Reports on the prices of various specialty chemicals. Plans of Ciba Specialty Chemicals to raise the price of its Irganox 1076 phenolic antioxidant; Price increase for N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide (DEET) of Clariant Corp.
- Clariant, Ciba resume separate paths in wake of merger collapse. YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;12/23/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 49, p13
Reports that in the termination of merger negotiations between Clariant and Ciba Specialty Chemicals, the companies have reverted to their previous strategies. Development plan approved by Clariant's board; Priority of Ciba Specialty.
- Clariant-Ciba deal menaces US Specialty Chemical makers. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/16/98, Vol. 254 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the negative impact of the merger of international chemical firms Clariant AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals on the American specialty chemical industry. Projected sales of the merged companies; Need for the country's specialty companies to review their strategies; Possibility that the...
- Clariant-Ciba merger to form $13 billion firm. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;11/16/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the planned merger between Clariant AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG on November 9, 1998. Ranking in sales of global specialty chemicals; Business specialization; Agreement by Clariant to buy the additives masterbatch business of Germany's Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma AG; Impact of...
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 17, p4
Reports on developments concerning the European chemical industry as of November 2004. Decision of CIBA Specialty Chemicals PLC to take over the operations of AB CDM; Third-quarter sales results of Clariant AG.