- Film & bag imports rise. // Plastics News;5/2/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that the U.S. import of resin in 1997 was 791 million pounds which increased to 1,242 in 2000 and further to 2,022 in the year 2004.
- Liquid polyester resin: A vehicle for coil coating. Satpute, Anuradha; Gangotri, L. T. // Paintindia;Nov2008, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p87
Liquid polyester resins of molecular weight 1000-3000 having terminating carboxy groups were prepared using diethylene glycol and maleic anhydride. Low molecular weight liquid polyester (100% NVM) was found to have the viscosity as low as 10 poise. 1% concentration of hexemine as curing agent...
- UPR demand is high but market faces cost pressures. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/11/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 15, p16
Reports that demand for unsaturated polyester resins (UPR) is high, though producers' margins remain weak. Stabilization of the UPR market in the first quarter of 2005; Growth in marine markets; Overall annual growth rate for UPR markets; Increase in UPR prices in 2005 due to a run-up in energy...
- Westbound resin markets boom after ban on imports is lifted by Taiwan, India. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;8/1/94, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the growth of the resin market in the westbound transpacific region. Lifting of import restrictions in Taiwan and India; Factors behind the jump in resin exports according to Ohio-based Geon Co. marketing director Dennis Cocco; Opportunities for shippers in Taiwan and India according...
- Import and Export of Synthetic Materials in 2005. // China Chemical Reporter;7/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p21
The article focuses on the financial performance of exporting and importing synthetic materials for the year ended 2005 in China. Importation of synthetic resins was 11.6 percent lower than 2004 and the average import price of plastic products increased by 20.8 percent. Export amount of...
- Thailand resin makers plan major expansion in polyolefin. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;9/25/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p4
This article reports that the resin industry in Thailand is planning major polyolefin expansions to raise its share in the international market and to increase exports to two of its main markets, China and the U.S. PTT and Siam Cement Group, the two largest resin makers in the country, will add...
- Resin pushes industry into trade surplus. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;12/1/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p4
The article reports that the Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. (SPI) expects plastics industry exports to be strong at least through 2008, but whether they will be as strong in 2009 is not clear. SPI senior director of international trade Neil Pratt said that the industry's trade surplus at...
- Diethylene GlyCol November 8, 2004. Kirschner, Mark // Chemical Market Reporter;11/8/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 16, p31
Focuses on the production and industrial application of diethylene glycol. Chemical composition of the substance; Use of the glycol derivative as an intermediate in the production of unsaturated polyester resins; Trade price for the chemical and names of the companies engaged in its production.
- DEG doubles in tight market. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/6/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2114, p10
Reports on the continuous price increase of European diethylene glycol (DEG) as of September 6, 2004. Need for the European DEG prices to remain high; Background on the demand for DEG in China; Prices of DEG in Asia.