- Cast the net wide for the future. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;6/2/2006, Issue 5490, p9
The article provides insights on the importance of the Internet for the furniture industry. The Internet can be used by retailers to promote their wares or sell directly online. Rapid growth has been indicated by reports on online sales. Similarly, the "Cabinet Maker" magazine is launching its...
- CHAPTER 13: E-Business: Selling and Marketing Online. Pakroo, Peri H. // Small Business Start-Up Kit;3/1/2012, p233
The article focuses on electronic commerce (e-commerce) and online marketing. It states that blogs and social media have transformed the way companies interact with their consumers. It mentions that before creating a website one should assess how one's online activities will serve business...
- Help with E-Mail List Hygiene. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p29
Suggests ways in maintaining an e-mail list for companies sending e-mails to customers. Importance of verifying the e-mail address of a customer; Minimization of typographical error in entering customer e-mail address when signing up for e-newsletters; Procurement of some proof that a customer...
- Be E-Successful With E-Newsletters-Part 1. Embleton, Kelly // Canadian Musician;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the benefits of electronic newsletters (e-newsletters). Explanation of the subscription process of e-newsletters; Contents of the e-letter; Details of different methods to send the e-newsletters.
- Internet Scramble. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;2/5/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p47
Discusses interests shown by the chemical industries for internet and electronic commerce. Benefits for the chemical companies by using internet services; Views of Owen Kean, chief information officer of American Chemistry Council on the percentage of members working with the internet...
- Internet emerges as a major vehicle for chemical commerce. Scheraga, Dan // Chemical Market Reporter;11/23/98, Vol. 254 Issue 21, p30
Reports that the Internet is emerging as major vehicle for chemical commerce in the United States. Advantages of the Internet for both buyers and sellers; Features of the chemical industry Web site, ChemConnect; Other electronic commerce Web sites serving the American chemical industry.
- Internet and the chemical industry. Raghavan, R. V. // Chemical Business;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, pXV
Discusses the implications of the growth of the Internet on the chemical industry in India. Launching of Web sites by chemical companies; Adoption of electronic commerce by the industry; Partnerships between chemical companies and Internet firms.
- How to evolve e-commerce strategies for the Indian chemicals industry - Part I. Damle, Chittaranjan D. // Chemical Business;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11/12, p29
Part I. Presents an introduction about electronic commerce and the Internet and their implications for the chemical industry. Factors responsible for the growth of electronic commerce; Definition of electronic commerce; Guidelines for doing business using the Internet.
- Are You Ready for the E-Future? Steinman, Christina Kirk // Traffic World;3/13/2000, Vol. 261 Issue 11, p23
Comments on the impact of Internet on the logistics service providers in the United States. Suggestion to develop electronic commerce strategies to integrate the supply chain in the transportation industry; Gathering of executives from transportation companies at a conference; Lack of...