The stakes are high
- DEALMAKER VIEWPOINT. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/6/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 20, p12
The article presents the views of several chemical industry executives on mergers & acquisitons in the industry including Peter Young, president of Young & Partners, Leland Harrs, managing director of PrinceRidgeGroup, and Chris Cerimele, director of Houlihan Lokey.
- WORLD SCENE. // Chemical Business;Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p59
Presents news about the global chemical industry as of June 2000. State of Europe's biotech industry; Trends of investments in phenol/acetone derivatives; Takeover of Asahi-Ciba by Asahi Chemical.
- Swiss Industry Buoyed by Exports. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/31/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 19, p55
The article reports on the chemical sector in Switzerland. It discusses the strength of Swiss chemical and pharmaceutical exports and its contribution to the country's economy. It identifies the main destinations for Swiss chemical and pharmaceutical exports. It cites merger and acquisition...
- Informex 2005: Positive and Relaxed. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/24/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 4, p2
Reports that 4,100 attendees gathered at the Informex 2005 chemical industry trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Biotechnology and biopharmaceutical sectors; Agrochemical and specialty chemical companies; Sigma-Aldrich acquired JRH Biosciences; Avecia spun off Reaxa; Groupe Novasep completed its...
- The biotech blues? Don't sing that tune around here. Hogg, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;4/8/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p11
Comments on issues concerning the biotechnology community in Illinois. List of things needed to capitalize the projected growth of the biotechnology industry; Reference to the merger of Monsanto and Pharmacia & Upjohn; Establishment of the Illinois Biotechnology Industry Organization.
- Research collaborations. // Nature Biotechnology;Apr2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p367
Presents research collaborations in the biotechnology sector as of April 2000. Companies involved in the collaborations; Details of the collaboration.
- Battered Biotech Remains Driver for Innovation As M&As Surge. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;3/3/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 9, p6
Reports on merger and acquisition trends in the biotechnology industry. Challenges faced by the industry; Factors affecting the performance of the industry; Increase in worldwide biotechnology merger activities in 2001.
- Asahi, Mitsubishi Rayon lead a new wave of alliances. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/26/94, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p26
Reports on strategic alliances and mergers in the Japanese chemical industry. Asahi Chemical's alliance with Mitsubishi Rayon in methyl methacrylate; Mitsubishi Rayon' proposed merger deal with Mitsubishi Kasei in acrylonitrile butadiene styrene; Mitsubishi Kasei's negotiations with Japan...
- TAKING PART IN ROUNDTABLE. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 21, p17
The article presents information about the participants of a roundtable discussion on mergers and acquisitions in the chemical industry, including Tom Crotty from INEOS Group, Richard Verity from Booz and Co., and Ralf Kuhlmann from International E-Chem.