touch The Midas
- Gold venture under the microscope. McKay, David // Finance Week;3/1/2004, p14
Focuses on the Burnstone gold project in South Africa. Location of the project on Witwatersrand Basin; Resource classfiication.
- AnchorCert Services Develops Tarnish Tests. // JCK;Mar2006, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p140
The article reports that the AnchorCert services of the Birmingham Assay Office, the parent organization of the American Assay & Gemological Office, has developed a variety of tests for silver tarnishing in the U.S. The tests simulate the tarnishing accelerants that can be encountered between...
- How cheap is cheap? handley, John // Finance Week;11/24/2000, p60
Focuses on the platinum and gold industries in South Africa. Increase of gross revenues among platinum group metals (PGM); Contribution of the gold industry on employment and in the economy; Role of jewelry in gold and platinum consumption; Impact of motor vehicle engine change on the PGM...
- THE INFLUENCE OF PLATINUM WASHING-OUT TIME ON ITS RECOVERY FROM USED AUTO CATALYTIC CONVERTERS. FORNALCZYK, A.; SATERNUS, M.; WILLNER, J. // Metalurgija;2014, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p349
The used catalytic converters contain small amounts of precious metals. Recovery of these metals is essential for environmental and economic reasons. This work presents a method of Platinum Group Metals (PGM) recovery from auto catalytic converters in which they are washed out by a liquid metal....
- Gloomy Outlook. // West & Central Africa Monitor;Jun2003, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the condition of the main commodities in the West and Central Africa. Bonny crude continues to search for growth following the cessation of military actions in Iraq. Gold has also been effected by the actions of traders. There are implications of tentative recovery on...
- ALTIN PÄ°YASASINDAAY VE MEVSÄ°M ETKÄ°SÄ°NÄ°N Ä°NCELENMESÄ°:TÃœRKÄ°YE UYGULAMASI. KIRLIOĞLU, Hilmi; TUNA, Gülfen // Accounting & Auditing Perspective Magazine / Muhasebe ve Denetim;Mar2013, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p27
While gold is investors' safe haven for financial and economic crises, it is an important financial tool that can be chosen in order to distribute the total risk of portfolio preferences. At the same time, gold is a precious metal which is used as jewelry. In this study, the changes in gold...
- World's first physical precious metals exchange with peer-to-peer bullion trading capabilities launches in Singapore. // World Mining News;7/ 3/2013, p14
The article reports on the launching of Singapore Precious Metals Exchange (SGPMX), the first physical precious metals exchange in the world with peer-to-peer bullion trading capabilities integrated into the trading platform, on July 3, 2013. It discusses the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) of...
- Gold driving region's exploration. Wareing, Andrew // Northern Ontario Business;May2004, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p15
Probes into the gold exploration in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Description of the mining industry in the city; Expected developments of the gold miners for the year 2004; Trends in the gold exploration of Thunder bay.
- Metals Focus. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/6/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p4
Presents an outlook for the metal industry as of February 2006. Link between strong global economic growth and the growth of the base metals sector; Performance of the Goldman Sachs Industrial Metals Index; Potential of the precious metals industry to continue its upward trajectory.