COLOR MAGIC SECRETS
- New Directions. Gilbert, Daniela // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/10/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 99, p6
Looks at the trends in fashion and clothing design in the U.S. as of May 2005. Use of the backside of the fabric; Description of crochet designs; Information on rich and ornate fabrics.
- Fabric Forecasting. // New Zealand Apparel;Jun2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p8
The article looks at the textile trends that are in store for winter 2010. For the Looking Glass trend, designers use a soft clean colour palette to freshen vintage styles, as well as classic elongated shapes. Styling and print inspiration come from the past such as Roman goddess draping and a...
- Floral mix. Waugh, Olivia // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);10/17/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 42, p54
This section presents tips on mixing pieces of clothing with floral and striped designs. Choose florals and stripes with the same level of brightness to create a uniform look. Team floral accessories with a striped dress or vice versa. Keep the floral and stripe mix in complementary colors and...
- Fashion Week welcomes back grunge look for fall. Moroz, Yelena // Retailing Today;3/17/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p57
The article reports on the Fall 2008 collections of the Fashion Week held in Bryant Park, New York. The color, rich burgundy, rustic orange, mustard yellow and mahogany brown will compliment the autumn palette and translated well with bohemian themes. Several trends of apparels of cozy knit is...
- Fabulous at Every Age. // Harper's Bazaar;Mar2005, Issue 3520, p241
This article presents fashion tips for all ages. For the 20s, clothing with a nautical feeling is in. For the 30s, embroidery and embellishment added to clothing will look fabulous. For the 40s, rich brown and dazzling gold the colors for the spring. For the 50s, nude shades in luxurious fabrics...
- Getting hooked. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/30/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 122, p4
Features crocheted clothes from the 1998 spring collection of various fashion houses in New York City. Includes Nanette Lepore's cream nylon dress; Geri Gerard's beige cotton dress with silk georgette lining; Andrea Jovine's black cotton dress over polyester and rayon jersey dress.
- RUNWAY RECAP. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/23/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 64, p2
Focuses on the wearability of the designs of clothes featured in the Spring 2005 Olympus Fashion Week in New York. Presence of several colors in the designs; Use of embellishment in the clothes; Reflection of femininity in the design of the clothes.
- Ambient Color in Garment Design. // China Textile Leader;may2013, Issue 5, p97
Garment colors can not be randomly selected, instead, they should be appropriately selected in accordance with particular application and relevant ambient colors and when they are applied to garment design, proper color-matching method should be adopted. In such a case, the relation between...
- Into the Lawns. Ahmed, Vaneeza // Hilal;Jul2014, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p70
The author offers her thoughts on her brand of lawn fabrics which she designed in Pakistan. She expresses that her designs are inspired by her travel to different places in the world, particularly the traditional motifs of Islamic art. She mentions her personal preference for simple lawn suit...