SOUTH WEST TRADING CO. "LOOPS" IN DIY NETWORK STAR VICKIE HOWELL FOR A HIT YARN COLLECTION
- Knit on With Vickie Howell! Camera, Beth // Creative Knitting;Sep2007, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p30
An interview with Vickie Howell, host of the television show "Knitty Gritty." She was having fun hosting "Knitty Gritty," because she has the chance to promote knitting as a way to express one's creativity. Her mother taught her to knit when she was 8 years old. The two books written by Howell...
- Vickie Howell. Zlendich, Janice // Library Journal;12/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 20, p126
This article presents an interview with knitwear designer Vickie Howell, who hosts the television show "Knitty Gritty" on the DIY Network. Howell believes a sense of humor makes any type of art more accessible. She comments on where she got her ideas for featuring currently popular techniques...
- your time. // Parenting;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p63
Presents issues of interest to mothers as of February 2005. Broadcast schedule of the television program "Knitty Gritty," which focuses on knitting; Web site where further information on the featured glass vase may be accessed; Use of a gift card on oneself.
- Spinning A Good Yam â€¦ And Supply Chain. // Textile World;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p34
The article offers information about the shipping and logistics engagements of Tempe, Arizona-based South West Trading Co. Inc., a company founded by a mother and her daughter that is dedicated to offering innovative, luxurious, and environmentally friendly textile products. In order to help...
- Explore Alpaca. Smith, Marcy // Interweave Crochet;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p12
The article provides information on alpaca yarns. Compared to sheep's wool, alpaca does not secrete lanolin, the substance that most wool-allergic people react to. The two types of alpaca are suri, which has a soft hair, and huacaya, which includes long hairs. Alpaca fibers have a soft, durable,...
- Not Another Teen Knitting Book. Zlendich, Jan // Library Journal;8/1/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 13, p82
This article reviews the book "Not Another Teen Knitting Book," by Vickie Howell.
- Learn to FELT CROCHET. ROBINSON, ANGELIA // Crochet!;Spring2016, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p28
The article offers tips on how to select the right yarn and stitches for a crochet project. It highlights the importance to pay close attention to fiber content such as animal fiber for a fine and quality crochet product. It cites the integration of a short crocheting pattern for stable stitches...
- Cutting-Edge Tools. // Interweave Crochet;Jun2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
The article features several products for crocheting including the Skip-Stitch Blades, Sharp Crochet Hook, and the Spoonflower fabric.
- Fibers on the Edge. Smith, Marcy // Interweave Crochet;Jun2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p8
The article features several fibers ideal for an edging including products from Quince & Co., Handmaiden Fine Yarn and Sundara Yarn.