Scratching the surface itch
- Going to see me elephant... // Journal of Business (10756124);9/18/2009 Supplement, p4
The author offers her view on people's endeavor and exploration in the U.S. She notes that elephant symbolizes the high cost of gold rushers' endeavor and the promise of an adventure of a lifetime. She narrates that her deceased father taught her a love of exploration. For her, venturing on a...
- 20 GREAT AMERICAN DRIVES. Scheller, Kay; Scheller, William G.; Peffer, Randall; Conaway, James; Briley, John; Nelson, Andrew; Thompson, John M.; Bass, Shermakaye; Rennicke, Jeff; Whipple, Dan; White, Mel; Kelly, Patrick J.; Glusac, Elaine; Taylor, Michael Ray; Schmidt, Thomas; Dunn. Jr., Jerry Camarillo; Bopp, Suzanne B. // National Geographic Traveler;Sep2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p80
The article offers information on best U.S. road trips. One can follow the trails of Indians, adventurers, George Washington's Continental Army, and Gilded Age millionaires on a drive showcasing vistas that inspired the Hudson River School artists, mid-19th-cenrury painters of romantic...
- Down To The Wallow. Moore, Colin // North & South;Jul2004, Issue 220, p98
Presents an article about an outdoor adventure in eastern Taranaki, New Zealand. Description of the routes towards the mountain; History of the areas which were explored during the trip.
- Cheap Thrills: The Best Budget Adventure Trips. Manske, Laura // Cosmopolitan;Sep2003, Vol. 235 Issue 3, p306
Presents information about ideal places in the world where one can go for adventure trips.
- Let the Adventure Begin! // American Fitness;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p45
Reprints the article 'Let the Adventure Begin!,' which features tips on adventure travel from Island Expeditions Co. in the U.S.
- Best foot forward. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals (00494577);10/15/2004, Issue 1740, p48
The article reports that travel agents should see adventure travel as a massive opportunity for growth. Explore Inc. managing director Simon Tobin is aiming to increase its trade business from 10% to 25% and said the sector is ripe for agents to get on board. The company's new 2005/06 Worldwide...
- INTERNATIONAL. // Sierra;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p61
This article presents a directory of events related to global adventures of Sierra Club. A Green Belt Safari in Kenya is intended to place from September 3-17, 2006. Some other events listed are Summer Odyssey from Guilin to Beijing, China, Cruising the Galapagos Islands, Aegean by Land and by...
- Top spots for adventure. // South Asian Post;9/1/2011, p8
The article offers information on the top developing countries for perfect adventure experience. The developing countries include Latvia, Bulgaria, and Czech Republic. Another country that is famous for its mountainous landscape and won the number one spot in adventure tourism among the...
- THE PREPOSTEROUS PATHFINDER. Severin, Timothy // American Heritage;Dec1967, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the adventures of Giacomo Constantino Beltrami in Minnesota. Problems encountered by Beltrami when he decided to change route from New York to Philadelphia; Relationship of Beltrami with Major Stephen H. Long, head of the official expedition to define and map upper Minnesota;...