PEOPLE & POSTS
- Top jobâ€¦ Brian Benneyworth. // Personnel Today;10/23/2007, p28
The article presents an interview with Brian Benneyworth, head of Human Resource (HR) and administration of housing, regeneration and community services provider LHS ASRA Group. When asked about his previous job, Benneyworth says that he was HR director at Inchcape PLC. He informs that his...
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;8/5/2008, p34
The article announces several appointments including the promotion of Brian Benneyworth as the director of human resource (HR) for housing and regeneration group LHA-ASRA, the appointment of Karen Heather as director of people and performance at Virgin Atlantic Airways and Anne Harley as HR...
- PM leads circulation figures. // People Management;9/11/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p7
Reports on the increased circulation of the "People Management" magazine from June 2002 to June 2003, according to statistics from the Audit Bureau of Circulations. Number of the copies circulated; Remarks from Lois Whittaker of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development regarding the...
- On the Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jun2000, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on career and personnel management. Attitudes important to personal success; How to adjust to company rules; Characteristics of a high potential person.
- Everyday experiences are opportunities for learning. Honey, Peter // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p55
States that many works activities can be used to develop people, if managers recognize the possibilities. Information about work-based learning and reasons why it is used in developing people; Examples of `double-value' work-based learning use everyday experiences as learning opportunities.
- Why boards and CEOs part company. Grant, Jon K. // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p11
Explores the reasons why executives part from their respective companies. Stages of a CEO's career; Signs of corporate antagonism between board members and CEOs; How to determine when a CEO should leave.
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p31
Focuses on the issues relating to personnel management. Concerns to career enhancement for the position in regional recruitment; Analysis on the potentials of the position prior to resignation; Evaluation of the factors for preference of human resource position compared to rewards analyst position.
- Safe harbor. Abernathy; Allerton, Donna // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p39
Considers questions pertaining to the human resource development profession and career development in the United States. Employment scenarios; Competencies vital to human resource success; Recipients of the bulk of training and development attention; Identification of expertise necessary in...
- Knocked sideways. Rodgers, Chris // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p35
Discusses how to develop employees and break down functional barriers in a company. Information on the principles of lateral movement in companies; Advantages and disadvantages of advocating lateral movement; Views on how to encourage professional growth within a company.