HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY
- Alternating currents. Reid, Peter // People Management;6/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p21
Offers views on the practice of human resource profession in Europe as of June 2002. Effect of political drift on human resource professionals; Significance of education to understand other European Union countries; Information on employment and social policy in Denmark.
- THE LAWYER. // Lawyer;5/12/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p2
The article presents quotes from Simon Cox, corporate finance partner at Nortorn Rose, stating that Mongolia is receiving an increasing international focus, Rohan Weerasinghe of Shearman & Sterling expresses his confidence in his company, and Carlos Conceicao questioning the legitimacy of the...
- A CHANCE FOR MODEL BEHAVIOUR. Reid, Peter // People Management;7/28/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p44
The article focuses on the European social model of the European Parliament. Tony Blair criticized the European Social Model that has 20 million unemployed in Europe, decreasing productivity rates and indexes for R&D, patents and IT are going down. The article suggests that the presidency of...
- Simon Ashley Cox 1958-2013. // Biologist;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p5
An obituary for research publication co-author Simon Ashley Cox is presented.
- 20 years after debut, Isuzu VehiCross designers reunite. // Automotive News;8/26/2013, Vol. 87 Issue 6583, p38
The article reports that 20 years after Isuzu's VehiCross debuted as a concept at the Tokyo Motor Show, Simon Cox and Shiro Nakamura, who helped design the VehiCross SUV have reunited.
- expert's view... Collier, Heather // Personnel Today;
The author reflects on the job expectations of Generation Y applicants in the work world. Applicants born in 1980 are being referred to have grown in a multicultural and globalised world wherein their aspirations and thinking has been affected by technology and internet. Employers view the...
- Missing in Action: Strategic Human Resource Management in German Nonprofits. Walk, Marlene; Schinnenburg, Heike; Handy, Femida // Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary & Nonprofit Organiz;Aug2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p991
Human resource (HR) management is important for human service nonprofits because they rely on the quality of their employees for the provision of their services. Using a typology of nonprofit HR architecture developed by Ridder and McCandless (Nonprofit Volunt Sect Q 29(1):124-141, ), we attempt...
- Rewriting the script. Kelly, Helen // Personnel Today;3/28/2006, p26
The article focuses on modernising HR practices in the public sector in Great Britain. In March 1999, British Prime Minister Tony Blair set in motion one of the biggest public sector overhauls of all time with his "modernising government" agenda. The plan was to foster entrepreneurial skill and...
- Institutional Prejudice. McFeeters, Belinda Bennett // Institutional Prejudice -- Research Starters Sociology;4/1/2017, p1
This article defines race and ethnicity, and discusses instances in which these factors have played a role in situations of prejudice and institutional prejudice. Both race and ethnicity are defined as socially constructed categories, with race focusing on biological and societal...