HR centres could help SMEs to recruit long-term jobless people
- Welfare-to-work overhaul to see specialists offer HR help. Pitcher, Greg // Personnel Today;3/4/2008, p1
The article focuses on the services offered by welfare-to-work firms. The firms provide human resource services to employers and find suitable opportunities for long-term unemployed people. David Freud, an advisor of the government of Great Britain states that the providers can be more...
- Jobseeker's Allowance. Clarke, Brian; Coryton, Demitri; Coryton, Julia; Coryton, Laura; Garrett, Guy; Marshall, Michael; Small, Jess; Vincent, Paul; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Mar2011, Issue 53, p252
The article reports that British Parliamentary Under Secretary at the Department for Work and Pensions Lord David Freud had formally moved that the Jobseeker's Allowance Regulations 2011 be approved.
- Small Business Index low for second consecutive month. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;04/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p8
Cites the fall of the Nevada small business index during March 2000. Factors that contributed to the index's decline; Lower unemployment rate; Implication for small businesses.
- Help with unemployment tax. Swanson, Sandra // Crain's Small Business -- Chicago Edition;Nov96, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p15
Reports that the Chicago-land Chamber of Commerce's member service assist small businesses with unemployment taxes. Comments from Mark Wilson, the chamber's director of small business; Who the chamber joined forces with to create the service; Rates of controlled unemployment tax; Reasons for...
- Space Invaders of A Different Kind. O'Hara, Debbra // New Mexico Business Journal;May2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p41
Reports on plans to attract small businesses and diversify the manufacturing sector in Roswell, New Mexico. Unemployment rate in Roswell; Details on the business operation of Allen Aircraft Radio; Information on the tourism industry in Roswell.
- What's next? Bowles, Erskine // Entrepreneur;Jul1993, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p186
Highlights the importance of small companies to augment the employment of displace workers. Results of corporate restructuring; Launching of Transition '93, a project for displaced workers, by the Small BUsiness Administration; Overview of the program; Contact information.
- A small-business nation. Bartlett, Bruce // World & I;Mar95, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p78
Discusses the growth of small-business sector and its role in the decline of the country's unemployment rate. Trend towards the decline in the employment in Fortune 500 corporations; Domination of small firms in the country's industries; Turnover rate of employment in small firms.
- Kent Health Plan Helps Small Businesses. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/24/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p4
Discusses the benefits of the Kent County Board of Commissioners and the Alliance for Health's health insurance program for the unemployed on small businesses in Michigan. Overview of the Kent Health Plan coverage; Benefits of the program for Michigan residents.
- Hoosiers would be nuts to game this paltry system. NIEZGODSKI, David // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p6B
The article presents the author's perspectives on the need to get unemployed people in Indiana back to work, helping small businesses and aiming to offer legislation that would enable businesses with less than 50 employees to apply for loans with low interest in the 2013 General Assembly.